Queen level vs. princess level

katyhotr

I know at the queen suite level there is a separate dining room and lounge and also chairs on the deck but what other benefits are there at this level? Also, is it worth eating in Todd English or the Cavery if you are in the queens grill?

I was told if you are booked in the Q level there are shorter and more cruise friendly if any lines for check in, baggage is handled quicker and there is a prefernce when making reservations. For instance I think you can make your Spa reservations prior to departure at Canyon Spa if you are in the Q level. But you may want to confirm the above as this info came from my agent. I book Q level the rooms are larger and have whirlpool bath tubs. Hey it's my first cruise so I thought I would spoil my wife.

We are embarking the day you arrive in New York City.

What has been described above is pretty much it for Queen’s Grill. The butler will perform services such as serving afternoon tea, room service; unpacking, special requests, etc. You receive highly professional, 1-1 service.

What other lines have you sailed with. I ask as past quests of Crystal, Seabourn, Radisson, etc. have found Cunard (but not Caronia) lacking as far as service in the higher categories, given the steep fares charged.

QM2 is (as some one on this forum put it, about Hardware or the Ship). Also, tradition and the distinct Cunard way. There is no other Line that compares in this way. I realize the marketing end of Cunard has promised unparallel service and luxury and to their way of thinking this may be so, but to those who have sailed on other luxury ships, Cunard has been found to be lacking.

We are also sailing on Radisson in June – a month after our first QM2 cruise this year – as we would like to experience the luxury which so many have discussed on these forums. We are in a suite (as all cabins on this line are) paying less than half of what a comparable fare would be on QM2.

This much lower fare includes beverages and tips to the staff (approx $180/week for 2 on Cunard): On QE2, Pre Dinner cocktails for two ran approx $140/week; the nightly bottle of wine with dinner totaled $400/week. That’s over $700 right there, not to mention the bottled water…all included on Radisson.

Anyway, the title of your post is Queens’s vs Princess. Are you interested in what Princess offers versus Queen’s? I can tell you that the Queens Grill Lounge is no longer available to Princess Cat on QM2, nor apparently is the private pool. One needs to compare Princess to Britannia to see if P cat is worth the almost double fare. What you are getting in Princess that you do not in Britannia is single seating in a private, intimate dining room. The assistant maitre d’hotel will prepare special requests at your table. The table is yours exclusively morning, noon and night, which is not the case on Britannia with 2 seating for dinner and open seating for other meals.

Jeanne

we have sailed Princess on the QE2 and Queens on the Qm2(we got upgraded from princess..and couldn't say noicon_smile.gif) and the single seating same servers are what attracted us to the grille class. Of course we will stick with the Queens grill from now on...spoiled. By the way the jacuzzi tub is great in the Q5 Rooms. And our butler was very helpful. Our walks through the Kings Grille for lunch were noisy and we battled the wind on the 12th deck to have an occational simple lunch at the Boardwalk cafe. We loved both boats an have sailed only those two. We will sail either again ... Great adventures .... Enjoy

What are the things we should do on our cruise and what are some things that we should expect from our butler? I don't want to ask too much of the butler but I also want to know what is appropriate to ask of him.

ogm: I am sailing on the June 11 Caribbean trip and have booked in Princess. You mentioned that you were upgraded - that sounds great! Just curiously, how did that work? Did they just contact you and offer it or did you somehow pursue it? If an upgrade was available to me, I sure wouldn't turn it down either!

Thanks for any info you can share - I've never been on a cruise before and I'm really looking forward to this trip!

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by ogm:

we have sailed Princess on the QE2 and Queens on the Qm2(we got upgraded from princess..and couldn't say noicon_smile.gif) and the single seating same servers are what attracted us to the grille class. Of course we will stick with the Queens grill from now on...spoiled. By the way the jacuzzi tub is great in the Q5 Rooms. And our butler was very helpful. Our walks through the Kings Grille for lunch were noisy and we battled the wind on the 12th deck to have an occational simple lunch at the Boardwalk cafe. We loved both boats an have sailed only those two. We will sail either again ... Great adventures .... Enjoy<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

icon_eek.gifOur travel agent called the week before we sailed and said ..this is your lucky day you have been asked to move up to Queens grille Q5 cabin and do you want to?? icon_confused.giffor about 2 seconds and screamed Yes!!! I asked her why us and she said that she could not answer that that it just happens some times... I might add that we are now spoiled and will travel in the Queens grille class next year to the fiords...

Have a great trip

Yess

Archived