Journey - Upgraded to Balcony from Inside and got money back

cujosmom

On the Journey South America Nov 29, 2007 cruise I just got a BALCONY cabin (2A) for $9 p.p. LESS than the Cat 10 INSIDE price I was booked in. WooHoo :D

GOOD FOR YOU AND MEEE TOO.. except we were on an oceanview... now we're in a deluxe veranda and we got back over 900 dollars! wooo hooo! This is our first veranda... :D

I caught it on CRUISE CRITIC. A member posted that the rates had reduced significantly, i called my TA and she took care of the rest! We're so happy. I'm going to continue to look for reduced rates though.. ya never know! ;)

Tell us OP, did you book directly with the ship and then watch for reductions, or did a TA catch it for you.[/QUOTE]

I get email specials from an online travel agency. The price they were advertising was for a balcony including air and the price was basically the same as what I had for an inside with air. I called Celebrity (booked direct - not through a TA) and they said they had the same promotion so they switched me to a 2A balcony and final payment is $18 less than what we were to pay.

The weird thing is I am always checking for price reductions on my current booking category and there was no change (for the inside)....the special was for balcony cabins with reduced air.

Archived