Royal Caribbean or Princess??

We just sailed on Radiance and loved it. But I was curious to those have also sailed on Princess, are the two similiar? Which line do you prefer and why? We are thinking of sailing again this coming September.

We just sailed on Radiance and loved it. But I was curious to those have also sailed on Princess, are the two similiar? Which line do you prefer and why? We are thinking of sailing again this coming September.

I think they are more similar than different. In the past month there have been many of these comparison threads in both the Princess and RCCL sections. You will be happy which ever you choose.

I've been on the both Royal Caribbean and Princess. We prefer Royal Caribbean though I will say the Caribbean Princess that we were on was a very nice ship. It was a brand new ship - it had only been out once before we sailed on it and things were not quite organized yet. We did not like the Any Time Dining - where you could eat any time you wanted dinner - you had to stand in line and wait for a table and you always had a different wait staff. There was no personalization and we missed that. There was no free soft serve ice cream and my kids did not like that at all. The entertainment was not great and they had the same entertainment perform more than once (same show). The rooms were bigger on Princess and the pools were awesome (clorinated water!!) It had a current pool that was nice (where you swim against the current). The food was very good and the outside movie theatre where you could watch movies was awesome (though they played the same movie a couple nights in a row). It was nice though because you would sit outside and they give you a blanket and bring you popcorn and drinks. Very Nice!! It also had a tennis court and I hear the kid's area was very nice too.

So, I guess I would say they both have good features - it just depends on what is important to you!!:)

Thanks,

We like both...but for different reasons.

On Princess we missed the soft serve ice cream all the time (they have scoop ice cream for an hour each day and the lines are long.) We also didn't find a good place to stroll round and round the ship on Princess - just the jogging track where we got in the way and that wasn't all the way around. We also missed RCCL's yummy soup and great dining service.

Positives for Princess are the toiletries and extras they have. THe ship felt very nice. They really do succeed in getting the small ship feel on a big ship because they have things split up - 3 smaller dining rooms instead of one big one. Many lounges instead of a few big ones. The ship didn't feel enormous.

I felt like the prices for the extras on Princess were a little bit higher.

I liked Princess's buffet food better most of the time. And I loved the pool near the wake of the ship - excellent. The lounge at the top is really cool. I liked the way the ship was decorated better on Princess.

Generally, we would sail whichever one had the better price or itin. Also, I've found 2 Princess ships that have areas where you can walk round and round the ship, so if we were comparing and it was one of those ships, that would tip the scale for me.

You'll be fine with either one!!

Been on both and would sail with either in a heartbeat. You may want to give a Princess cruise yourself to check it out.

When we cruise during a time that I expect to be a time with alot of kids I choose Princess. I think on the whole they tend to attract fewer children during vacations and do a slightly better job and making sure they don't take over the ship.

I'd suggest checking them both out and choose by price and port stops.

Archived