Babies and Toddlers in the Pool

MemawB.

If I understand correctly, the policy regarding diapers, swimmies, or whatever is a CDC thing ... and the cruiselines are expected to comply.

I do have a question for the parents who bring an inflatable pool for their wee ones to use in the pool area ... where do you dump the inflatable when you leave that area???? Is there a special inflatable-dumping drain ... or do you empty it into the pool? Inquiring minds want to know.

I do have a question for the parents who bring an inflatable pool for their wee ones to use in the pool area ... where do you dump the inflatable when you leave that area???? Is there a special inflatable-dumping drain ... or do you empty it into the pool? Inquiring minds want to know.

Wouldn't this defeat keeping them out of the pool? :cool:

If I understand correctly, the policy regarding diapers, swimmies, or whatever is a CDC thing ... and the cruiselines are expected to comply.

Surely you jest.;)

Oh God don't do that or they'll be a picture of YOU emptying the pool INTO a pool on board posted. lol. ;)

It depends what ship. Some parents use the drains on the deck (they are used for cleaning the pool decks). I've seen parents mention using the sink in the janitors closet.

I just tell them to throw it off the Lido deck and aim for the Aft balconies.

KIDDING, I'M JUST KIDDING! :D

No, I did not mean any humor here. I am curious where those inflatables get dumped. Is there a means of emptying those inflatables without infecting the "no non-potty-trained" pools? Can't imagine the parents carry their inflatables, full of water, back to their stateroom for emptying?

The passenger is expected to be responsible... dumping it in the pool would be completely irresponsible, not to mention you'd probably be tossed overboard by angry passengers. If you choose to bring a tub of sorts, the only place I can think of emptying it would be in the showers... I would run the water for a while afterwards...

Wouldn't this defeat keeping them out of the pool? :cool:

Most people dump the water in the shower drain on deck.

just to let everyone know that may be thinking of bringing a pool,

the staff does not have to let you use it on deck, I have seen, more than once people being asked to put the pool away.

I was told by a crew member that is is considered a bloww up pool toy and they are against the rules.

Odds are you won't have a problem as long as the deckd is not ti crowded that day.

Sorry, everyone, if my previous posts here gave the impression I was asking what to do with my inflatable ... I do not have children, in diapers or otherwise. I asked the question about emptying the inflatable because I was concerned whether parents dispose of the baby water in a responsible manner. I wouldn't want e coli or whatever any more than anyone else would.

Sorry, everyone, if my previous posts here gave the impression I was asking what to do with my inflatable ... I do not have children, in diapers or otherwise. I asked the question about emptying the inflatable because I was concerned whether parents dispose of the baby water in a responsible manner. I wouldn't want e coli or whatever any more than anyone else would.

I really thought you were asking on your own behalf but were actually just kidding around.:)

How do you FILL the inflatable pool? Am I missing something?

Also, does anyone else worry that with the "no diaper" rule, a parent may just take the diaper off a child who is 2 1/2 , but not yet potty trained? No one would no for sure the child wasn't potty trained, and then it becomes even worse than the "fecal tea bags".

The only reason I ask is I recall someone being at a pool with a child about 3 years old, in diapers, and were told no diapers in the pool. The parents walked to the bathroom, took off the diaper, put the bathing suit back on, and entered the water with the child. The lifeguard couldn't prove the child wasn't potty trained, so he couldn't remove them. I however, immediately removed myself!

I just came back from the Legend on the 16th and I saw more todlers in the spa than the pool. I don't go in spas because I know if a child and or adult has to pee then the warm/hot water is a conduit. I'm not usually picky but hot tubs seem like germ breeders to me.

How do you FILL the inflatable pool? Am I missing something?

Also, does anyone else worry that with the "no diaper" rule, a parent may just take the diaper off a child who is 2 1/2 , but not yet potty trained? No one would no for sure the child wasn't potty trained, and then it becomes even worse than the "fecal tea bags".

The only reason I ask is I recall someone being at a pool with a child about 3 years old, in diapers, and were told no diapers in the pool. The parents walked to the bathroom, took off the diaper, put the bathing suit back on, and entered the water with the child. The lifeguard couldn't prove the child wasn't potty trained, so he couldn't remove them. I however, immediately removed myself!

You can fill it from any of the outdoor showers.

As for the rest, stupid is as stupid does Forest.

• 3 months later...
OK, let me give you the LONG answer...lol.

No swim diapers on ANY cruiseline EXCEPT....Disney....Disney has a infant/toddler water spray area on the Magic and the Wonder. It completly drains away and is only a little spray (Mickey's left ear at the Mickey pool)

Here is the whole long drawn out thread...so bring a snack when you read it.

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=469772

Here is the difference...Disney Water Spray (Mickey's Left Ear)....CAN have swim diapers

Gab.jpg

Children's pool.....NO swim diapers

sensation-kidpool.jpg

DCL now has a much bigger area than Mickey's ear for the diaper set. They have a bunch of fountains that pop up and down and one big fountain from Mickey's hat. And this is why I'm so upset about going on Carnival now. There's no swimming option on board for the baby. So if you have a diapered one, DCL is your only choice where they can enjoy the pool area.

DCL now has a much bigger area than Mickey's ear for the diaper set. They have a bunch of fountains that pop up and down and one big fountain from Mickey's hat. And this is why I'm so upset about going on Carnival now. There's no swimming option on board for the baby. So if you have a diapered one, DCL is your only choice where they can enjoy the pool area.

Yep, I was told that the area was enlarged after our 2005 cruise. I heard about the little fountains...very cool.

I was expecting RCCL and the Freedom class to follow suit but they didn't. :rolleyes: They had the perfect opportunity in the H20 zone on Freedom of the Seas and the prefect area to do it in...but they didn't.

So you're right, unless you bring an inflatable, Disney is the only choice for infants IN the water area.

I wouldn't put an infant or toddler anywhere near those pools. Have you seen some of the smarmy looking characters doing the backstroke on a cruise ship?

My wife often encourages ME to take a "dip" in the ocean however..........

Archived