Topless @ Coco Cay

lilbit51

Is it possible ? ? ? ?:p

When I went to Coco Cay on the SOS I didn't see any women going topless, we stayed in the main part only, so this little island may be bigger than what I think, so you may get away with it.

I think I like this island better than Nassau. Have fun!

I have never been to Coco Cay, but don't see any reason why you could not go topless. I mean, unless there were rules posted at the beach, go for it.

As far as the 'family place' comment, I would say that different cultures do different things. This doesn't make it wrong. I have spent many years in Germany (some as a child, some as an adult) and they have no problem what-so-ever with going topless on any beach there. No matter the age. It really comes down to a social issue in the United States.

David

FYI: I emailed RCI for a clarification on whether the dress code for CocoCay was topless or not and the following statement was sent back to me: "Of course not, the proper attire is bathing suits, shorts, tank top, and all summer clothes." Just thought you should know RCI's take on this topic.

• 4 weeks later...

I have seen it before, if you walk down the beach awhile, there will be very few people. Those that are walking stay at the waters edge so if you lay at the top of the beach you will be left alone. If someone from RC comes by the mosty they are going to do is ask that you put your top on.

• 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...

RCI will not intervene, unless someone complains. As a matter of FACT, there were two topless sunbathers ON the Rhapsody several days last month. A lot of staring but no one confronted them . . . including RCI staff.

I say that if you make an effort to separate yourself from the crowd, then it should not be a problem. There is plenty of room to keep a distance from someone who holds different values than yourself.

You don't have to invade their privacy and they don't have to invade yours.

Ignore it and have fun.

• 3 weeks later...

If you walk down the nature trail for a bit, there are shoots off to the beach and I think you could definitely find some private beaches back there. We didn't see any children on the nature trail...it is pretty boring and I can't imagine the kids last more than the first few hundred feet.

• 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 6 months later...
No, that is sarcasm.

Just like these are:

"I am terrified that my child might see a woman's breasts."

and

"People should be ashamed of their bodies and keep them covered."

Hey I got it when I read it. Too funny.

• 1 month later...

I had no problem going topless on my 04 Majesty cruise. My DH and I were a ways down the beach but there were still people around. Heck, you'll never see any of them again. If you get "reprimanded" by a RCCL crew member just play dumb. I never had a problem though. Go for it!!:D

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...