driving from R.I. to LGA -any detours???

krb

I was unable to get any flights from providence for my cruise so I had to book a flight from LGA. The flight is at 8am sunday morning and I'm planning to get to the airport by 6am. It is a 3hr drive from my home in RI so I want to leave as late as possible but I don't want to run into any unexpected detours or construction. The directions I will use to get to the airport will be from map quest or yahoo maps and if there is a detour it won't be on my directions and I don't want to get lost. Im hoping some of you native New Yorkers will be able to help me.

Thanks

Thank you so much!

How far is that lot from the airport? Is it easy to find? When we arrive back does it take a long time for the shuttle come? I appreciate all the info you can give me!!

WOW KRB,

I cannot beleive you couldnt get a flight out of Green - April Vacation??

I would still check Southwest everyday, it is amazing what opens up!

BTW>>

I am in Saunderstown too!

Catrin

Well I actually did find flights about 2mths ago but it was $6000 for 4 people. I just checked again and there are no available flights on Southwest for 4/15 or 4/22.

Just a thought, but have you tried looking at Hartford? I used to have to go up to Newport on occasion, and usually found it easier to fly into and out of Hartford rather than Providence. It would be an easier drive then into LGA.

Cheers,

Just a thought, but have you tried looking at Hartford? I used to have to go up to Newport on occasion, and usually found it easier to fly into and out of Hartford rather than Providence. It would be an easier drive then into LGA.

Cheers,

Isn't it about the same 90 minutes to Hartford or Boston for that matter...LGA is probable about 2 1/2 without traffic.

Archived