Aquaventure Tickets???

GAcruiser417

Is it still peak season in October? I'm on the NCL Epic and will be in Nassau on Oct 1. The cruiseline is offering this as an excursion for $149 per person and includes transport to and from Atlantis Resort. The walk-in day passes are $110 (according to an about.com article I found via google), but it's not guaranteed availability. I also looked into booking Comfort Suites. The room rate I got for check-in Oct 1 and check-out Oct 2 was $338 for 3 people sharing one room. That's not saving much off the walk-in price for the day pass. Check-in also isn't until 3pm and our ship docks in Nassau at noon and will depart 7pm. Ideally, that leaves us about 6 hours on Nassau to do things.

I'm not sure what to do now. Should I just grin and bear it and book the excursion via the cruiseline?

October is off season (hurricane season). you shouldn't have a problem getting day passes.

BTW.. you can check into Comfort Suites anytime. You just not guaranteed your room will be ready before 3pm. But you can still get your passes for Atantis.

October is off season (hurricane season). you shouldn't have a problem getting day passes.

BTW.. you can check into Comfort Suites anytime. You just not guaranteed your room will be ready before 3pm. But you can still get your passes for Atantis.

I thought booking with Comfort suites might be feasible but if their room rates are the same if not more than buying 3 separate passes ($330 total), then there's no point. Plus I run the risk of being charged for the room if my cruiseship doesn't visit Nassau for whatever reason.

How far is the walk from Comfort Suites to Atlantis? It looks quite far on the map.

We are planning on doing this excursion on our trip in October. We, too, had looked at booking Comfort Suites or Atlantis, but decided that, since there are just the 2 of us, we'd pay a bit less and not have to worry about transportation, etc. Also didn't want to have to worry about availability with the 'same day' passes (which, again, don't include transportation) as I've been to Nassau before and know this is what I want to do. BTW, my sister did the same excursion through the cruiseline last year and really enjoyed it.

We are planning on doing this excursion on our trip in October. We, too, had looked at booking Comfort Suites or Atlantis, but decided that, since there are just the 2 of us, we'd pay a bit less and not have to worry about transportation, etc. Also didn't want to have to worry about availability with the 'same day' passes (which, again, don't include transportation) as I've been to Nassau before and know this is what I want to do. BTW, my sister did the same excursion through the cruiseline last year and really enjoyed it.

Are you on NCL Epic? That's what we're on. Still debating whether to book with the cruise or wait and get it ourselves since October isn't peak season, I doubt there will be day pass unavailabilities. There's 3 of us so we'll be saving nearly $100 by doing it ourselves.

• 3 years later...

Has anyone been to Atlantis Aquaventure in Nassau anytime recently? If so, do you know of any other way to get there besided booking on the cruise? Carnival charges $174.99 a person. That's more than what we paid for the cruise itself per person. I read the other post, but they are from 2010. I am looking for some information more recent than that. Also, has anyone ever been there the first week or so of January? How is the weather that time of year?

Has anyone been to Atlantis Aquaventure in Nassau anytime recently? If so, do you know of any other way to get there besided booking on the cruise? Carnival charges $174.99 a person. That's more than what we paid for the cruise itself per person. I read the other post, but they are from 2010. I am looking for some information more recent than that. Also, has anyone ever been there the first week or so of January? How is the weather that time of year?

Try majestictoursbahamas.com They do not advertise, but they sell passes - same prices as Atlantis..no discount.

January weather can be tricky. Water temps are in the low 70's, and there are occasional cold fronts.

Others book a room at either Atlantis or Comfort Suites Each room allows a max of 4 ppl (4 wristbands).. room rate is for 2 ppl. Extra charges for add'l ppl.

majestictoursbahamas.com Used them this past March ($139ea). Very easy - they have a counter just past the lobby in Atlantis. Weather was great! +70's/-80's and the pools were warm.

Just bought tix for next week. $125 per person. Looking forward to another visit! Love the lazy river!!! :D

Does anyone know how early you can get to the waterpark when doing this on your own? My mother and I are trying to decide if it would be better to book this excursion through the ship or doing it on our own. I did read that the waterpark doesn't open until 10 am, but we would like to get there earlier and get a nice pool spot. Does anyone that has done this before know if you can use the pools before 10?

Does anyone know how early you can get to the waterpark when doing this on your own? My mother and I are trying to decide if it would be better to book this excursion through the ship or doing it on our own. I did read that the waterpark doesn't open until 10 am, but we would like to get there earlier and get a nice pool spot. Does anyone that has done this before know if you can use the pools before 10?

Yes you can swim earlier and find a chair...we always get there early.

[quote name='4merlurker']majestictoursbahamas.com Used them this past March ($139ea). Very easy - they have a counter just past the lobby in Atlantis. Weather was great! +70's/-80's and the pools were warm.

Just bought tix for next week. $125 per person. Looking forward to another visit! Love the lazy river!!! :D[/QUOTE]
4merlurker....I apologize about bugging you, but how did you buy tickets already? I have sent majestic tours two emails and they never get back to me. Did you call them and order them? Where do you pick them up?