Natural Pool

pickleo

Overall, I would say if this were your first visit to the island there are other sights which are worth seeing and not nearly as tough to get to. If you have the 45 minutes each way to invest in getting there from where the road ends, it is an interesting spot to see. The easiest way to get there is to take a tour which has a stop there. Getting there on your own is not easy especially if you are not familiar with 4 x 4. A 4 x 4 vehicle is required to reach it (you will not make it otherwise) and make sure you have the CDW. Also know that once you reach the pool there is a climb down many many steps to physically get inside the pool. http://www.arubabound.com/photos/arikok/natlpool/natlpool.htm

This is as close as you will get with a 4 x 4

npy.jpg

Lisa,

I just went through all of your photos. Thanks. They were great. We're getting ready to book a Sky Suite on The Galaxy and I loved all of you photos of the balconies. It really put it into perspective.

I was looking at booking 1209 because of the full size, but after seeing your photographs I'm thinking of switching to 1221. It looks like you have a better view because of the corner.

Your opinion?

Donna

Lisa,

I just went through all of your photos. Thanks. They were great. We're getting ready to book a Sky Suite on The Galaxy and I loved all of you photos of the balconies. It really put it into perspective.

I was looking at booking 1209 because of the full size, but after seeing your photographs I'm thinking of switching to 1221. It looks like you have a better view because of the corner.

Your opinion?

Donna

Hi Donna- thanks for your kind words. I understand exactly what you are thinking in regards to the balconies and I agree with your thinking. Honestly those balconies are so huge that little tiny corner being "cut off" to enhance your view is more than worth the loss of a miniscule piece of space. :) I hope you love the Galaxy half as much as we do.

The next deck above just circles the stack and then goes forward to I believe the topless sunbathing area (?) People do use it as a walking/jogging track. Prior to our trip, I had read some folks complaining about early morning and late night joggers. We had no such trouble. One night about 11 pm we had some noise and called security they said they would take care of it and that was the first and last time it happened.

For the amount of space you do loose a little bit of privacy. There is an overhang which IMHO is quite significant.

stebalc1222e.JPG

Looking "straight down" in the photos below you will see my Mom's feet sticking out from underneath her overhang. And on the right you will see my chaise lounge pulled out from underneath the overhang.

sky1218_sm.jpg sky1222_sm.jpg

Thanks Lisa. Booked it yesterday. Decided to go with 1209. Can't wait to have breakfast out there! Have you ever stayed in a Royal Suite?

Have a great trip. We have never stayed in a Royal Suite. :(

I was just wondering. You never know if we get the urge to upgrade. The only thing is the balcony looks so small.

I believe the depth of the RS balconies is the same as the 2A and CC cabins, just longer. IMHO, the SS balonies are nicer, would only take the RS for the additional space or privacy if you are adults traveling with kids. If you require 100% overhang you would need to go with a suite or cabin on deck 10.

Archived