Luggage tag questions and such...

jenjes3

Hi.. husband & I will be sailing on the Crown Princess 5/21/07. We have previously cruised on RCCL 7x and NCL 1x.. This is our first time sailing with Princess. I have just completed all my online information on the Princess web site and printed our boarding passes. My question is does Princess send me my luggage tags? Is there anything else I need to do before my cruise?

Thank you for your help.

Karen

Princess will mail you a package containing six luggage tags, an excursion book called Adventures Ashore, an excursion sign up sheet, a Cruise Answer Book, a contract copy and a Princess insurance booklet if you bought Princess insurance. This package should arrive four to six weeks before your cruise. Complete your personalizer online, reserve any excursions you like on line and you are good to go.

I was told last week that Princess is going paperless and you will not get tags or such. You will receive generic ones at the dock. And that the documents on their website is all you would need. I am hoping this is the truth because I sail Saturday and have not received anything in the mail.

We received our tags over a month ago...call your ta...or princess..they are different colors for each deck....the paperless is the boarding passes...you are going to check your luggage at the curb..need your tags for that..for instance ours are purple ...dolphin deck...

Paperless refers to the cruise ticket. When we sailed in November, we did not get a paper ticket. We did print out a boarding pass and take it with us.

We got the luggage tags a month or so before we departed.

Paul

Our first cruise on Princess is next month. We got in the mail from our TA exactly everything w0kie stated acouple of weeks ago. I read through it throughly, which I'm glad I did, because I didn't realize I needed to print our e-ticket boarding passes from the Princess web-site. There was also a check-list of the paperwork that needs to be brought to board the ship. Including the cruise contract, Immigration Arrival Card and boarding pass. We did not take the Princess air or tranfers, so we had to fill out a form with that info and mail it back to them. We also received 3 luggage tags p/p. I also printed out the shore excursions that I signed up for on-line. Just in case.

I called Princess when I got my package and they said the only think I had to bring was the boarding pass I printed off the computer. The other stuff in the package - contract,etc., was for my records but did not need to bring that with me. We got 6 luggage tags total with our room number on them, three for each of us.

We have never had our room printed on our luggage tags! Once I did this in marker and found when I went to put them on it had smeared off. All of the other info is for your records as was stated. The printed boarding pass, 1 per passenger is all you need. I do print out a copy of excursions also. These arrived about 6 weeks before cruise.

We just returned from our Princess cruise on Sunday. Only needed a printout of our boarding passes and proper I.D. Luggage tags (green for us - Aloha) were included in the travel packet mailed to our home. I taped one onto a case of water bottles and had it delivered to the cabin with our luggage.:p

Just off Diamond yesterday. You just need the luggage tags and ID. We had Princess Transportation and we didn't need paper for that either. They had our name and flight and greeted us at baggage claim. Princess helped us with our luggage to the bus and loaded them for us.

Have a wonderful time. Our trip was great. Love paperless!!!!!!!

Archived