Coffee on board Pacific Star

ChrisBNE

Can anyone that has cruise on Star recently tell us about the coffee on board. On Tahitian Princess they naturally had that aweful filter coffee american style stuff, but also had an esperesso machine on board, where you purchased a coffee card.

Is there an esperesso machine on the Star? Or is it all instant/filter coffee?

Hi

Was on star last week - coffee provided at breakfast (in buffet) was just coffee machine style (like you would get at a takeaway shop) - very ordinary - weak. Coffee in Bodeaux restuarant was perculated (I think) - which was ok.

There was a bar on the Lido deck (and other bars too) that sold coffees which were delicious and very reasonable priced @ $2.50 for a mug. There was no coffee card as such.

Hope that helps

Hi,

We were on the Star last November and found the best coffee was from the bar near the pool on the Lido Deck. They sold cuppacinos for a few dollars and they did taste like coffee, not like the coffee in the buffet.

Expresso Coffee is available from the Lido Bar, the Casablanca Bar and The Duke Piano Bar when they are open.

The Lido Buffet has Nescafe instant coffee machines (free) that are operating 24 hrs a day.

The coffee in the restaurants is horrible perculated/filtered stuff. I much prefer to go and pay $2.50 for a cappuccino or a latte in one of the bars than drink the stuff in the restaurant

We don't bother with the coffee at dinner or lunch. We'd much prefer to spend the whopping $2.50 for a really good coffee. At night we would often indulge in a Godfather coffee which was espresso coffee with Frangelico, Baileys and god knows what else....it was magnificent (but did cost around $8:eek: :eek: )

Maria

Maybe there's an opportunity for Starbucks to do the coffee's.:D Think of all the money that would be raked in...:rolleyes:

Now that is a good idea!! But instead of Starbucks, lets support Australian business and go with a Zaraffa's franchise.

P&O have done it with New Zealand Natural Ice Cream, why not do it with coffee?

Kym

BTW - for those of you outside SE Qld, Zaraffa's is a Gold Coast company with stores throughout the Gold Coast, Brisbane and Sunshine Coast, along the same lines as Starbucks & Gloria Jeans, except the coffee is much nicer.

Or it could be a company that supports troubled young women like Gloria Jeans. For those who don't know Gloria Jeans are a major supporter of Mercy Ministries.

If you are interested in more info on Mercy Ministries check out their website www.mercyministries.com.au (believing in the future of young women who deserve to fly!!). I collect and bank the money from the local GJ's donation boxes as a Mercy Ministries Volunteer. Maybe I could volunteer to collect from the cruise ships as well!!!

Cheers,

Charmain:)

PS I remember on the old ships there used to be a Cafe 'd Waves where you could buy pies etc.

Thanks guys for all your help. Much appreciated. I think our afternoon coffee break will be up on Lido Deck, $2.50 is cheap!

(2 Sleeps to go, 12 nights of cruising mmmmmm)

hi mate ,

Ive been on 21 cruises and trust i havent had a good cup of coffee you didnt have to pay for .the best paid coffee i have had on a cruise ship was on Starcruises superstar virgo.

enjoy your cruise ....do a post when you get back and let us know how good it was.;)

HI Kate and Chris. Have a great cruise. Will watch the cruise cam of your holiday. Hope the weather is kind to you. What deck and cabin have you chosen? will do do any tours? Suexxx

I have been allocated outside caribe deck... 5132 I believe, down the back but I don't mind.

We're doing Lemon Bay Beach in Noumea, I'm diving Vila and she's horseriding, then a jungle river cruise village kava drinking expedition type thing in Suva.

I've only inspected Star overnight when she was launched here in Brisbane, so looking forward to explore her.

Many thanks for all the well wishes, we're really looking forward to our break. I think I will make an effort to review our cruise from a TAs/industry point of view. Something different.

I have been allocated outside caribe deck... 5132 I believe, down the back but I don't mind.

We're doing Lemon Bay Beach in Noumea, I'm diving Vila and she's horseriding, then a jungle river cruise village kava drinking expedition type thing in Suva.

I've only inspected Star overnight when she was launched here in Brisbane, so looking forward to explore her.

Many thanks for all the well wishes, we're really looking forward to our break. I think I will make an effort to review our cruise from a TAs/industry point of view. Something different.

HI GUYS,

Di & I were on the star last november .we dived at Vila ...it was great.....but not quiet as good as the great barrier reef....nothing beats that.

You will love it ...any cruise is a good one....sure beats work .we will be thinking of you on saturday .enjoy .:) be very interested to read your views on the ship.

Guys,

You all should be spending your $2.50 towards on an alchoholic beverage!, forget the coffee, your on holidays......

Back to the coffee, on our last cruise the queensland one, I tell ya, after 10 days of drinking the rubbish on board it was HEAVEN to purchase a proper flat white on the mainland.....how sad is that;)

Peter

Thanks guys for all your help. Much appreciated. I think our afternoon coffee break will be up on Lido Deck, $2.50 is cheap!

(2 Sleeps to go, 12 nights of cruising mmmmmm)

I just realised that you guys are doing the same itinerary we did exactly 12 months ago this weekend. You'll love it. Just hope for your sake the tide is in when you get to Yasawa-I-Rara... If not expect a long tender process (unless they've sorted out the pontoon issues).

Back to the coffee, on our last cruise the queensland one, I tell ya, after 10 days of drinking the rubbish on board it was HEAVEN to purchase a proper flat white on the mainland.....how sad is that;)

Peter

It's not sad at all Peter - one of the few things I enjoyed about Suva was a decent Latte made on Fresh Milk not on the UHT milk they use on the ship.

Guys,

You all should be spending your $2.50 towards on an alchoholic beverage!, forget the coffee, your on holidays......

Peter

Toatally agree with you....spend it on alcohol:D . I drink coffee, but only instant, not too strong, black no sugar. I generally don't drink coffee anywhere but at home & of course friends places. I did usually have one for brekky though in the dining room. Didn't particularly enjoy it but I kinda got used to it & I have to have my coffee in the morning.

Karen

A tip for coffee drinkers! If you are in Noumea for an entire day you can get a fantastic 'bowl' of coffee at the markets. You just turn to the right after getting off the ship and walk around the road. Once you turn the bend you should be able to see the markets. They cost about A$4. Well worth it!!

Cheers,

Or it could be a company that supports troubled young women like Gloria Jeans. For those who don't know Gloria Jeans are a major supporter of Mercy Ministries.

If you are interested in more info on Mercy Ministries check out their website www.mercyministries.com.au (believing in the future of young women who deserve to fly!!). I collect and bank the money from the local GJ's donation boxes as a Mercy Ministries Volunteer. Maybe I could volunteer to collect from the cruise ships as well!!!

Cheers,

Chaz,

I dont drink coffee but I did purchase the Mercy Project CD from Gloria Jeans years ago. It is my favourite CD and listen to it often.

I hope they bring out another.

Karen

There's the bridge in the distance. Cruise cam looks very clear!! I'm sure they will have a great time. I hate to say it but I hope they get back quickly!!! Cause then it will be our turn to go!!!!

Sorry to anyone onboard but I am sure the ones after us will say the same thing!!

Cheers,

pacific_star.jpg.88c2f364d16a9e8b2e01539f7d05f138.jpg

Archived