Do you check in a case of water or just carry it on?

fayemike1

I was just wondering how people carried on the cruise there non-alcoholic beverages? I have a case of water I want to bring w/ me. I really don't want to carry it on. Can I just write the cabin number on it with a permanant marker and will they just deliver it to my room? Thanks!:)

We take a folding ice chest with and put our drinks in it (No ice) and put a luggage tag on it and turn it in with our other bags. Have done this for four cruises and had no problems. Every time we got to our cabin we found that the ice chest had been filled with ice with about half of the drinks in it and the rest setting on the bed or the dresser.

Ask your room attandet and they will keep it filled with ice the whole cruise.

Also make sure that the chest has wheels. For it makes a great carring case for the extras you will pick up durning the cruise:rolleyes: .

We leave any extra drinks we have left over in our rooms.

Paul

We take a folding ice chest with and put our drinks in it (No ice) and put a luggage tag on it and turn it in with our other bags. Have done this for four cruises and had no problems. Every time we got to our cabin we found that the ice chest had been filled with ice with about half of the drinks in it and the rest setting on the bed or the dresser.

Ask your room attandet and they will keep it filled with ice the whole cruise.

Also make sure that the chest has wheels. For it makes a great carring case for the extras you will pick up durning the cruise:rolleyes: .

We leave any extra drinks we have left over in our rooms.

Paul

Do you check this on the airplane? Just wondering if it would be OK in the checked baggage area of a plane.

We cruised out of Tampa last month and I put a luggage tag on a case of water. The porter at the terminal said it had to be packed in something. He said we could put it in our suitcase, but of course those were full. So we ended up putting it in the stroller and carrying our 7 month old. Actually we put all our carryon stuff in the stroller :D and DH carried the baby. All I had to do was push the stroller. :cool:

You might want to look at the other threads. Carnival posted a new policy yesterday. You can no longer take on any water or pop. You will now have to smuggle it.:eek:

I have been watching the other threads very carefully. I am livid about this new policy. My cruise docs state that I can bring my bottled water, within reason. That was my plan! I did not plan on packing all of this water inside a suitcase. And I definitely didn't budget buying bottled water from Carnival!

~Cari

The new policy should have people up in arms with docs already. I guess they figure that couldnt search every bottle of soda for liquor. will be interested to hear the next cruises going out if they enforce it. I am already packed with 3 bottles of wine and soda.

I have been watching the other threads very carefully. I am livid about this new policy. My cruise docs state that I can bring my bottled water, within reason. That was my plan! I did not plan on packing all of this water inside a suitcase. And I definitely didn't budget buying bottled water from Carnival!
"Within reason" is judged very differently by some people. :p

As I check my luggage and see the stacks of cases of pop and water next to the luggage bins that have been confiscated..:eek:

Its kinda' like going to a restaurant, and bringing your own food! :rolleyes: IMHO!

Archived