Best time to cruise

martymonty

Hi

I have only cruised twice in my life, both times in December. First time we had wonderful weather, great time. This past December we cruised on the Celebration and it was terrible weather. Cold, damp, rainy. I am in the planning stages for a cruise next year and I am wondering what your opinions are on the best time to cruise. I want to go when I am pretty much guaranteed (know it won't be 100% guaranteed) great weather. Looking at maybe Cozumel. Opinions everyone?? Just want to do a 4 or 5 day cruise.

Stephanie :)

It really depends on where you are going and if you have the "weather fairy" on your side.

Within the past 5 years, we have sailed in January, March, June, July, October, November and December and the weather has always been fine...except for one time. The only rain I remember was either leaving port or during the night during a cruise....except for one time in Cozumel during the first part of January.

We have been blessed....

"Best" is a subjective term. With that in mind, here is my take. I've cruised at all times of the year, but my very best experiences weather wise were in the April-June time frame in the Caribbean. Calm seas, little or no rainfall, perfect temps. Pricing this time of year can be very good also if you wait until spring break is over (mid April), and go before school lets out for the summer.

We usually cruise to the Caribbean in April. Since I work for an airline, we fly standby down to FL, so we have to be a bit more choosy as to when we cruise. I have found that the weather in April is GREAT. Plus since we usually go in the late two weeks of April all of the Spring Break and Easter travel is pretty much done. So we don't see a whole lot of kids and the flights are usually pretty open. Plus then I get to celebrate my bday in a tropical paradise.

Archived