Starting to Freak

OceanAddict

1.I still haven't received my docs... and we leave on April 5th!!! Should I continue to bug ta or what? There is so much I cannot even imagine until we get those docs.

2. Should I preregister on Carnival's site and will the check in be quicker if we do prereg.?

3. Is the itinerary on the Carnival site pretty accurate... we are going on the Imagination?

4. Our ta told us not to worry that our "air and sea package" gets us to Miami at around 1:30 pm... I told DH that that is WAY too late, but he said not to worry... Carnival set it up, so they'll get us there on time. I have read on here that that doesn't always happen. My ta said that we cannot even begin to board until 2 pm anyway... this contradicts what I have read many times on forums.

I JUST WANNA BE HAPPY.NOT FREAKING OUT ABOUT ALL THIS CRAP!!!!

HELP FELLOW CRUISERS:)

1.I still haven't received my docs... and we leave on April 5th!!! Should I continue to bug ta or what? There is so much I cannot even imagine until we get those docs.

2. Should I preregister on Carnival's site and will the check in be quicker if we do prereg.?

3. Is the itinerary on the Carnival site pretty accurate... we are going on the Imagination?

4. Our ta told us not to worry that our "air and sea package" gets us to Miami at around 1:30 pm... I told DH that that is WAY too late, but he said not to worry... Carnival set it up, so they'll get us there on time. I have read on here that that doesn't always happen. My ta said that we cannot even begin to board until 2 pm anyway... this contradicts what I have read many times on forums.

Your TA is full of it, and not very helpful, but your docs may not arrive until the week before, definitely pre-register, you really don't even need the docs for anything, of course I don't have a clue about Carnival air...

Also, where are you flying into? Don't sit on the bus past 3pm...

Your TA is full of it, and not very helpful, but your docs may not arrive until the week before, definitely pre-register, you really don't even need the docs for anything, of course I don't have a clue about Carnival air...

I agree. If the bus is still at the airport at 3pm find another alternative.

Speaking from experience!!

1. As Dood said, you really don't have to have your docs.....don't fret about that.

2. I would definitely pre-register.

3. Pretty accurate; just remember Ports are not guaranteed.

4. Wow, I assume you are flying in the day of your cruise departure. I know a lot of people do it, but I am not one of them. As Dood said, don't stay on the bus after 3pm. I would take a cab if the bus didn't leave the airport within a reasonable amount of time. Your TA is lying about what time you can board the ship. Sometimes it's as early as 11am.

In great form again today I see, Dood. :p

Since your cruise is only about 2 weeks off, I agree that you should be a little concerned about why you have't received your documents as yet.

Keep bugging your TA.....that's what they're getting paid for. I would also

pre-register on the Carnival web site. That will make your boarding go faster when you get to the pier for check-in. I can't comment on your flight times and such since I don't know what time your ship sails. They usually don't sail from the Port of Miami until at least 4PM, so if you arrive at the airport at 1:30PM, you have nothing to worry about. The itinerary on the Carnival site is probably correct. The only time they would alter it is if they have bad weather or some other type of problem. Don't worry about that at all.

But the bottom line is "where are your documents"???? I would get on the horn immediately with your TA and find out what's going on. :mad:

I can see why you are starting to "freak". First of all, I would fill out your fun pass online. Secondly, as others here have stated, the 1:30 arrival is cutting it close..I always arrive the day before, but I am a worry wart:( . Just make sure that you are on a bus and leaving for the port by 2:30. If you are not, I would take a cab. There is another thread here where someone missed thier cruise because the Carnival (I think it was Carnival) bus was late and they were left at the port...Sad, sad situation. Yes, Carnival is supposed to get you there on time but they have no control over the airlines and apparently no control over the airport transfers...Just be aware and if in doubt, hail a cab!! You will be okay without documents. My parents never received thiers last year and they had no problem getting on. they did fill out thier fun passes though..Good luck and happy cruising!

Past Freaking out myself!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!..................I booked everything through Carnival back in October.

My cruise is this Saturday on the Glory. Again this Saturday....

I received my documents on the 5th of this month. Carnival called me last Thursday, saying NW cancelled the flight. After not hearing from them, I called Carnival Friday asking what was up. They said they'd call me back, never did. So I called Saturday, I was told the Air/Sea Dept., that takes care of such problems, don't work the weekends.

I then called Monday and lost my temper. Excuse me, how long does it take to book another flight? click...click...click, in my opinion. Never called me back. Finally Tuesday(yesterday), they called me. They called me, for the first time since last Thursday. They finally got me (6 of us in total) on a flight to Orlando. I still haven't heard from them about my flight home. Am I crazy, or is this ridiculous? Last time I was on hold with the Air/Sea Dept., they sing and say, "We make life easier, sit back relax, we'll take care of everything." So far I'm not impressed. I have sailed RC and Disney and have never expierenced such a crock. This is the first time I have left the air up to the cruise company. Is that why? Is this usual? If I had done the scheduling I could have called NW direct and fixed this myself. But, because Carnival technically purchased the tickets, NW told me only they could do any ticket changes even though my flights were cancelled. :(

Only thing about the OP completing her fun pass-she will need her flight info in order to complete and print out her funpass.

I you don't teceive you docs my at least next wedsnesday I would insist your TA call and get your documents overnighted-let the TA eat the cost of the overnight fee if necessary. You can get on the ship without docs but you might run into problems at the airport if you don't have your airline conf #

The main thing, if when you arrive and you do not see a Carnival Rep there to greet you, or you do meet the Carnival Rep but there is no Bus, just save yourself the headache and get in a Cab. The cab ride will cost you $24.00 There was a thread a few weeks ago where the passenger got to the airport and there was a problem with the bus, they saw the ship sail away without them.

Fred

We didnt get ours until a couple weeks before the cruise and that is when we found out our flight times ( they we in the docs), so my question for the TA would be how does she know your flight arangements without the docs?

The airport in Miami is no more than 20 minutes from the port. As long as you have luggage in hand by 2:30 you are still safe, just grab a taxi. Not to worry unless your flight is delayed.

One time I received my docs after my cruise so as others have said you don't even need them,especially if you fill out your fun pass prior to boarding .

Your itinerary could change up to the very last minute but they are planned out well in advance and the majority of the time they stick to the plan.

In case you arrive early they do allow boarding as early as 11:30, in fact they will have lunch waiting for you up on Lido deck, so your TA is clueless.

MrDood, We are flying into Miami from Columbus, Ohio. Thanks for your tip:)

Past Freaking out myself!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!..................I booked everything through Carnival back in October.

This is the first time I have left the air up to the cruise company. Is that why? Is this usual? If I had done the scheduling I could have called NW direct and fixed this myself. But' date=' because Carnival technically purchased the tickets, NW told me only they could do any ticket changes even though my flights were cancelled. :([/quote']

This is why after the first cruiseline air we started doing our own. They got us to the ship at 3:30 which was the latest time you should board. If the flight had been delayed we would have been in deep dodo.

I always fill the fun pass out as soon as I can. You don't have to have the flight info filled in to complete. Lots of people don't fly.

When we took our cruise out of Miami there was a couple that missed the ship because their flight was delayed in Chicago because of weather. They booked through the cruise line so the line had to pay for them to catch up with us in Key West. My suggestion is that anyone that is flying arrive the day prior to leaving. Walking around the ship and just watching the scenery is breath taking. MIAMI is beautiful but of course it was my first time there.

When we got back the story was on the show that use to be on cable "airline" I felt sorry for the people because the trip was WONDERFUL.

OMG I need to cruise.:eek:

Archived