AFT Oosterdam - Share your thoughts.

509ers

We just booked our pre-Christmas cruise on the Oosterdam Dec 15-22 and are in an AFT cabin (#4178) for the first time.

If you have sailed on the Oosterdam in an aft cabin I would love to hear your experiences.

To me, there is no such thing as a bad cabin or a bad cruise, but as I rack up more and more of them, I have been developing preferences. I think my days of inside cabins are over (I only did it once) and this will be my third balcony. Sure like the option of fresh air in my cabin.

So... do tell !!!

Diane

Diane:

I've been on the O'dam in an aft cabin, but up on the Navigation deck (8). As it was configured then (completely covered by the Lido deck above), I would have wished for a little more sun available. Your deck should have plenty of that! Of course, after the O'dam gets "re-fitted", the balconies will all be a little less deep, and the Lido deck will cover only about half of the Navigation deck balconies (as the Noordam now is).

It's hard not to book an aft cabin, if you like them, after being in one! It is my cabin of choice!!! (And the Navigation deck is just one flight down from the rear Lido pool!)

Paul :)

We did the Mexican Rivera cruise last year with my family and had side by side cabins 6154 & 6165 on the aft deck and LOVED THEM!! :) The decks are longer and they have a lounge chair along with an arm chair with an ottoman.

The day we were anchored in Cabo the stern faced los arcos almost all day - and we got the best vacation photos ever when we left port with the sunset behind los arcos and the city. It was a bit rough coming back into San Diego, but my mother had an inside cabin closer to midship and felt it as well.

Archived