What is "Pirate Party" like on the ships?

lumpkin

Hi, reading about a Pirate party on other threads.....what is this party like? Going on a 4 night double dip in Aug 2008, with my family (husband and 2 kids). Will it be on the short cruises? What should we look forward to?

The Pirate Party is a lot of fun! We just did a 3-day cruise and it took place at night on our way from Nassau to Castaway Cay. I believe the music and Cruise Staff started hyping everyone up around 9:45 and the Characters came out around 10:00/10:15. Be sure to be there by that time because there are some fun things that happen at the end. It's no secret that there are fireworks (weather permitting). Disney is the only Cruise Line that is allowed to shoot fireworks off at sea. After the party, the big "Ariel Vision" (Jumbotron) screen shows "Pirates of the Caribbean" and there was a "Midnight Buffet" as our server called it (but it was at 10:45) :) Have fun!!!

Oh My!! get ready no one can do a party like DCL We always bring glow necklaces for the kids it gets very crowded on the deck so we can find our kids. My DH is now the offical go save a table for us guy:p We go the show after dinner(Save room for the buffet at night) they even pack him a coffee to go in the dinning rm and he waits for us to come up:D we go up stright after the show. and we have the best table. (thanks to a large cup of coffee and DH) here come the buffet after that:eek: I took the kids back to the cabin and DH went to the buffet to get us all desert we enjoy that quietly in our cabin. Don't forget one night order milk and cookies for bed time the kids think that just great.. Enjoy!!! Say hi to Mickey and the gang for us

Polarismom of 4

The Pirate Pirate is on both the DCL ships! On the 3 day it is the night of Nassau and on the 7 day ship the Cozumel night. The party itself doesnot start to happen until 945pm or so. That evening around before early dinner there are characters dressed in pirate garb and jack sparrow to have pictures with. You can dress up on pirate night. You will get a pirate bandana at diner. If you have 830pm diner you will not make it so both times we left at 945 and were almost late. There is music, lights charachters and buffett with caribbean foods and some chocolate stuff like chocolate bananas. We were always stuffed and never did eat again. The theory is that the ship is being taking over by pirates. Mm, MM. goofy. Chip Dale, Stitch, pluto were there in Feb. Plus some crise staff dressed as Will from Pirates and Jack Sparrow. It's a must see.

Lexi

I am so excited about the Pirate Party! They didn't have it on our first cruise in 2002 (before the movies came out), so I am really looking forward to it. I'm hoping they will still have it on the West Coast cruises, even though we won't be in the Caribbean! :o

It all sounds great, thanks for your replies. I can't wait!

One more question, Polaris mentioned how crowded it gets on deck...I am very crowd-averse....will it be so crowded that it is hard to move, and also does the pirate buffet get so crowded that it is impossible to sit there? (not even talking about a good seat, but any seat?)

Lumpkin Yes a little crowded I was not on the upper deck above the pool but it seemed that if you were not on the rail you could not see the lower deck stay on the out side by the tables and you will be fine. get one of those tables and you see all the good stuff. Polarismom of 4

I am so excited about the Pirate Party! They didn't have it on our first cruise in 2002 (before the movies came out), so I am really looking forward to it. I'm hoping they will still have it on the West Coast cruises, even though we won't be in the Caribbean! :o

Yes...they had it in 2005 when we went on the west coast cruise. We missed a lot of the Pirate show as we had late seating and the show started before we got out.

Archived