Say it isn't so !!!!!

Hi gang,

This may seem important to some, and not to others .... so hopefully I won't have "angry party foul" type responses here. Really I'm asking this question as a favor for the second half of my cruising party .....

What do you do if you're sailing during American Idol finale week? This year the finale airs on May 22 and May 23. We'll be on the Monarch cruising around So Cali that week.

Do you think they'll have a TV setup to watch the final show?

(ha ha) My mom thanks you for not bagging on her choice of TV shows :)

Well, if American Idol means that much to you....by all means, stay home. I am more than willing to take your place. LOLOLOL

Seriously though, they might have a t.v. set up in one of the lounges for it. They do it for sports and many people do watch AI and wouldn't want to miss the finale.

Well, if American Idol means that much to you....by all means, stay home. I am more than willing to take your place. LOLOLOL

Seriously though, they might have a t.v. set up in one of the lounges for it. They do it for sports and many people do watch AI and wouldn't want to miss the finale.

LOL

my MOM will be happy to hear that :)

I do have Tivo. She hasn't come into the present yet. Her tv still has rabbit ears and a turn dial! :)

I would imagine that they would have something scheduled for it. The RCI ships that I have been on have all had karaoke competitions on them so I would think they would make a big deal about the AI finale.

I know in the Schooner bar they have a tv but all I've ever seen on it are sports competitions.

I've never cruised during Superbowl sunday, so I'm not sure how they set things up like that when there is a big finale or game on, but thank you for your response :)

I know in the Schooner bar they have a tv but all I've ever seen on it are sports competitions.

I've never cruised during Superbowl sunday, so I'm not sure how they set things up like that when there is a big finale or game on, but thank you for your response :)

Your welcome. The main reason I was thinking this is that I was resently on the Grand Princess during the Academy Awards and it was great. I am not really into awards show and would not have watched if I was at home. It was on formal night and the had a lounge set up to broadcast the awards with a red carpet and everthing. It was a live feed so no comercials and they did trivia during the breaks. I thought it was a lot of fun watching all dressed up like we were there. Not that I am comparing the Academy Awards to American Idol but American Idol is pretty popular.

We were on the Freedom the night the Oscars were on... we happened to catch some of the show at the On Air bar when we were there for kararke... they may show it there. Otherwise, if you just want to know who wins... they should have a newspaper in the library the next morning with top US news.. entertainment stuff is in there too.

I would imagine that they would have something scheduled for it. The RCI ships that I have been on have all had karaoke competitions on them so I would think they would make a big deal about the AI finale.

AI?!?!?!?!?

Allen Iverson?

Artificial Intelligence?

:D :D :D :D

TIVO it!!! they do a lot of important sports events but have no idea if this would qualify to be shown.

I told her that I'd make a copy from my tivo to a vhs and then she can watch it that way. I even told her that she can go onto the internet and find out who won. She said that it wouldn't be the same. :rolleyes:

Hi gang,

This may seem important to some, and not to others .... so hopefully I won't have "angry party foul" type responses here. Really I'm asking this question as a favor for the second half of my cruising party .....

What do you do if you're sailing during American Idol finale week? This year the finale airs on May 22 and May 23. We'll be on the Monarch cruising around So Cali that week.

Do you think they'll have a TV setup to watch the final show?

(ha ha) My mom thanks you for not bagging on her choice of TV shows :)

Last year we were on the Navigator when the results of Idol were announced. We received an immediate text message from my SIL, and the guitarist in the Two Poets gave everyone the results:D

This year will be on the Adventure, so should get the same text!!

AI?!?!?!?!?

Allen Iverson?

Artificial Intelligence?

:D :D :D :D

American Idol. I only abbreviated because someone else already did. Sorry I won't get lazy with my typing again.:)
Um, so much for having a sense of humor...............see the FOUR grinning smilies?!?!?!?!?!?

I second the Tivo, you can tape things for weeks while you are away.

My daughter while she home from college last summer, a computer science major and my son who was starting college for computer science/video game design major actually surprised me last summer and built a TIVO for me from scratch so I wouldn't miss anything and they said my VCR was an antique.

Depends on what they can pull in on the satellite. We were on Monarch during the NFC/AFC playoffs in January and they only showed the New England/San Diego game, not the NFC championship game, which tells me they couldn't get that network. They had it on a big screen in the Circuit Lounge. We watched a bit while we were getting ready for dinner, and the feed, even though we were within sight of San Diego, was a mix of Mexican and Down Under. Commercials were in Spanish and at the end of the game, we were invited to stay tuned for a rugby match: 14:00 Auckland/13:00 Sydney time.

I can't remember if Fox is one of the regular onboard channels. If so, you have no worries. If it is, as others have said, there's TIVO.

Vision held muster drill during the Super Bowl this year.:eek: I'm sure there were many unhappy campers! Her first day was a sea day, so there's no reason they couldn't have delayed the drill until the morning (we've had that happen when boarding was late), but the Captain didn't care. And the commercials would have been in Spanish, anyway, so what would have been the point of watching?:rolleyes:

Archived