~The Ultimate Carnival Beverage Thread~

KBD627

How will Carnival's beverage policy affect you?  

454 members have voted

1. 1. How will Carnival's beverage policy affect you?

• No effect I never bring beverages on board.
    • I will strictly follow it. I follow all of carnival's rules.
    • I'm a past smuggler will now smuggle non-alcohol too.
    • I will now join the smugglers.

I just got back from the VIP cruise on the Legend.

I carried four 6 packs of diet coke in bottles 1 6 pack of 24 oz water in my checked luggage had no problems.

We also went to the F deck every sea day and the last sea day they were putting back up a sign saying adults only but there were also top less ladies there every sea day and there were also the old men above the F deck every day bird watching :D

Thank you, thank you, thank you. I was about to call Carnival myself.

Gale

After reading many threads about the 'new beverage policy' I decided to give Carnival a call. There is no new policy. You all will still be able to bring on all the water, etc that you could before.

"Officially" the wording did change. I hate to tell you folks (since I love my PVP to death) but I can not count the number of times that "I have told HIM" things...that he was completely unaware of. He did "get the memo" later on, but he heard it first from me.

I believe Carnival is leaving itself an opening to enforce this rule on a case by case basis.

It is very apparent that their wording "reasonable amount" did not work.

So let's not abuse this priviledge in the future folks and perhaps they will turn a blind eye.

In September, I plan to take my one 12 pack of soda and 6 pack of water and I don't expect Carnival say one word.

I posted before that when I called Carnival they told me that they are not worried about the small amounts 2-12 pks for 2 people and a case or 2 of water. They are cracking down on those, and you know who you are, that take the bottles and bottles of alcohol and mixer. That is who they are looking at.

Can you really take the wordof a PVP?

Also, does anyone realize what sort of problems Carnival is opening itself up for if it tells one person "you can't bring soda" because they have 2 cases and lets 10 people walk by each with a 6 pack?

I don't bring any drinks on with me unless I happen to have one in my hand, but I know I would raise holy hell if someone told me I couldn't but someone else could.

They changed the wording on their web page, if they intend to enforce it for some then you better believe they intend on enforcing it for all.

I believe the actual "contract" reads " a small amount" and like it or not Jedi...Carnival gets to decide what "small" is.

It is their basketball and they can play the game any way they see fit.

I believe the actual "contract" reads " a small amount" and like it or not Jedi...Carnival gets to decide what "small" is.

It is their basketball and they can play the game any way they see fit.

LHP, they just changed their contract to read "none". I fully agree that when they had it written "a reasonable" amount they could play loose with it. Although they would still be required to use the same standards across the board, ie. if you stop one person for having 10 six packs you must stop the person with 12 six packs, but you could let the person with 2 six packs through as "reasonable". Now that they say none, they can't play favorites.

LHP, they just changed their contract to read "none".

that depends on where you look on the Carnival website.

On Legal notes, in the Ticket contract portion is says:

"f). Guests may bring a small quantity of non-alcoholic beverages at the beginning of the cruise during embarkation day only. Excessive quantities, as determined by Carnival, will be confiscated and discarded without compensation."

In the Faq's section it says:

Guests are prohibited from bringing alcoholic and non-alcoholic beverages onboard. However, guests (21 years and older only) may bring one bottle of wine or champagne per person on board only during embarkation.

I think the reason everyone is so confused is because people are reading different sections of the contract and seeing 2 different policies.

Even the PVP don't know what is going on, but thats normal.

I carried four 6 packs of diet coke in bottles 1 6 pack of 24 oz water in my checked luggage had no problems.

We also went to the F deck every sea day and the last sea day they were putting back up a sign saying adults only but there were also top less ladies there every sea day and there were also the old men above the F deck every day bird watching :D

I'm not that old but perhaps I will take up "Bird Watchin":cool: :D :D

New policy was listed on Wed 3/21 on FAQ section of Carnival.com.

Guess we'll have to wait till those who boarded this past w/e report when they return.

Thanks - that's good news, but not unexpected... about the beverages, I mean, NOT the old men part - that was VERY expected... ;)

LHP, they just changed their contract to read "none". I fully agree that when they had it written "a reasonable" amount they could play loose with it. Although they would still be required to use the same standards across the board, ie. if you stop one person for having 10 six packs you must stop the person with 12 six packs, but you could let the person with 2 six packs through as "reasonable". Now that they say none, they can't play favorites.

I was quoting the "legal contract" "f). Guests may bring a small quantity of non-alcoholic beverages at the beginning of the cruise during embarkation day only. Excessive quantities, as determined by Carnival, will be confiscated and discarded without compensation."

I could care less what a FAQ says....the contract is what is binding.

I was quoting the "legal contract" "f). Guests may bring a small quantity of non-alcoholic beverages at the beginning of the cruise during embarkation day only. Excessive quantities, as determined by Carnival, will be confiscated and discarded without compensation."

I could care less what a FAQ says....the contract is what is binding.

Administrative changes are much easier then legal ones to make. If -- I said if flamers -- Carnival is serious about this change then it may be awhile before the lawyers are done with rewriting the appropriate clauses in the ticket contract.

Administrative changes are much easier then legal ones to make. If -- I said if flamers -- Carnival is serious about this change then it may be awhile before the lawyers are done with rewriting the appropriate clauses in the ticket contract.

So long as the lawyers don't get around to it until AFTER September!!! ;)

Carnival is quick to point to that contract whenever it is in "their" favor...so I see this as a break for the "little guy" (hence...me!!) :D

Well, since Carnival added Non-Alcoholic beverages to their not to bring onboard list and updated their Beverage Policy, I guess, we will need to learn new and improved methods on how to get Water Bottles past the Water Bottle Sniffing Dogs.:D

This is new and has never been attempted, extremely dangerous, who will be the first to take a chance??? :confused:

Well, since Carnival added Non-Alcoholic beverages to their not to bring onboard list and updated their Beverage Policy, I guess, we will need to learn new and improved methods on how to get Water Bottles past the Water Bottle Sniffing Dogs.:D

This is new and has never been attempted, extremely dangerous, who will be the first to take a chance??? :confused:

I plan on smuggling my water in vodka and rum bottles.

Archived