~The Ultimate Carnival Beverage Thread~

KBD627

How will Carnival's beverage policy affect you?  

454 members have voted

1. 1. How will Carnival's beverage policy affect you?

• No effect I never bring beverages on board.
    • I will strictly follow it. I follow all of carnival's rules.
    • I'm a past smuggler will now smuggle non-alcohol too.
    • I will now join the smugglers.

Do you think the change is complements from all the Balcony Jumpers :confused:

No, people don't leap from their balconies because they are hopped up on Dasani.

The Liquor policy has not changed. The wine policy has been adjusted slightly. The big change is the prohibition on non-alcholic bevs.

No but they have been known to fill their Dasani bottles with liquor.......

I will concede that point sir.

That being said, major corporations don't make huge policy shifts like this on a whim. You can be sure that Carnival has been studying the cost/benefit of this for sometime.

I will concede that point sir.

That being said, major corporations don't make huge policy shifts like this on a whim. You can be sure that Carnival has been studying the cost/benefit of this for sometime.

Maybe the jumpers are cutting into their costs........settlements/lawsuits etc.....

No I know that is on there on the Carnival site. But people are posting things saying that as of 2 days ago they came up with another new policy completely banning everything, even the wine. They have this whole thing from 3/27/07. But that is nowhere on the carnival site.

After reading many threads about the 'new beverage policy' I decided to give Carnival a call. There is no new policy. You all will still be able to bring on all the water, etc that you could before.
I think it might help if you read the latest news on our CC news page. They talked with Carnival's management. I am not sure why you were told there was no change but apparently this isn't the case. Let's face it, this was bound to happen sooner or later. Why are we all so surprised and guess who we can blame for the changes? Ourselves for trying to bring the whole bar on with us or a suitcase full of pop and water. If we had all been a little more discreat (spelling) we might not be facing, what will soon be the policy of all the cruise lines. NMnita

I was just treated as rude as I have ever been treated in my life by someone at at Carnival . I called to ask about the water ban as I am sure most everyone has and I know she was sick of hearing it but she didnt have to be rude.

I called and explained that I cant have water that is not purified and low sodium due to a stomach condition and that I had asked that if I could bring water on board when I paid for the curise and they said no problem. Well she went off on me !

"well things change and I am getting tired of you people calling here all day and night for the last 2 days to ask us about it . IT is not Carnival it is Homeland Security , the sent us a letter saying we are not allowed to let anyone bring any liqiuds on the boat!"

When I asked her why that was she said

"BEcause someone somewhere must have brought something on board to make a bomb in a bottle "

I ask her if you could still bring wine on board and she said

"Well of course you can 1 bottle per person! That has not changed"

I told her that was strange how the stuff you could put in a wine bottle cant make a bomb

She cut me off told me to buy soda on the ship and dont drink the water, I told her I cant have soda either that I dont drink anything other then water . She HUNG up on me !

I called back and am now waiting for a supervisor to call me back , I will be looking into those Britta filters to take on board but I can tell you this . I dont think this is a GOOD 1s cruise expierence .

Before anyone jumps on me I am not cheap , I am not being a little butt head because I am not getting my way .I am upset because she hung up on me when I question the outright lie she told me about the bomb .

I can think of a ton of other Cruise lines that I can go on and buy ON SHIP something other then Spring Water because that is all Carnival has onboard.

Oh when I talked to the 2nd person she said she would send me a letter to have my internal medicine Doctor fill out and that I could have to carry that with me when I had my own bottle of water out LOL

That's crazy. If i were you I would just wrap it in bubble wrap in your checked suit case. Put it in a wine bottle and they'll think its the wine that you are allowed to bring on ;)

While it may be a new policy in their FAQ's and online contract, the contract issued with the tickets for all people sailing very soon (who already have their docs), still says "reasonable amount". That is the cruise contract they purchased and accepted in good faith, and the one that is enforceable.

I think if you press the issue, you'll be allowed a "reasonable amount" (not a cooler full of soda, but something acceptable. At least until they change their contracts for people that don't have their docs yet.

I'll find out this weekend one way or the other.

I think it might help if you read the latest news on our CC news page. They talked with Carnival's management. I am not sure why you were told there was no change but apparently this isn't the case. Let's face it, this was bound to happen sooner or later. Why are we all so surprised? NMnita

JFTR, talk of this policy change started early last week when on of the members posted that they noticed a change in the wording of Carnival's FAQ. This resulted in many threads being started about the change. This thread was started as a counter point long before the CC article or any formal comment from Carnival.

CCers always seem to know what is going on before anyone else. ;)

Just off the phone with Carnival supervisor.

They claim that the staff is stressed because of the high call volume due to the change .

She said they also changed the wine thing to one bottle per cabin instead of 2 .

They gave me a credit of 100.00 to buy water on the ship with . THey have Dasani and that will be fine for me. I can drink that : )

She also said she has no idea why the girl lied to me the change had to due with abuse nothing to due with Homeland Security.

She also mentioned that they did some research and found out that people were bringing hard liquer on board in water bottles : ( Who takes the time to do that ?

I thought the 100 dollars was a little overboard for the credit and told her that was not needed I just wanted them to know what happened but she did say that it was the least she could do after I was treated bad on the phone. She didnt even deny it just said she was sorry .

It is ALL about onboard revenue. Why do you think the port stays are so short? Why are there more days at sea? Why are the services offered on these new ships so opulent that you consider NOT getting off the ship?

Shortly, CCL will be giving away cruises if you promise to stay on board!

She also mentioned that they did some research and found out that people were bringing hard liquer on board in water bottles : ( Who takes the time to do that ?

Take a look around here, you'll find a lot of them.

;)

Take a look around here, you'll find a lot of them.

;)

are you kidding me ??? someone takes a funnel and takes the time to put booze in water bottles?? OMG

Now that is just funny no matter who you are !

Do we have a search function on this board? I gotta see this .

are you kidding me ??? someone takes a funnel and takes the time to put booze in water bottles?? OMG

Now that is just funny no matter who you are !

Do we have a search function on this board? I gotta see this .

Funnel? Heck no: you just suck up whatever spills onto the counter... sometimes I transfer my booze 7 or 8 times. :D Seriously, I've never bothered but I don't drink enough to make it an issue. I have been known to bring along 2oz cups and lids and a few boxes of jello.

Archived