~The Ultimate Carnival Beverage Thread~

KBD627

How will Carnival's beverage policy affect you?  

454 members have voted

1. 1. How will Carnival's beverage policy affect you?

• No effect I never bring beverages on board.
    • I will strictly follow it. I follow all of carnival's rules.
    • I'm a past smuggler will now smuggle non-alcohol too.
    • I will now join the smugglers.

I was told 6 - 12 per CABIN. Don't know if that will have some link also to # of days long the cruise is. I guess time will tell.....

I was told 12 per person from two different people. I agree with other posters, just put it in your checked luggage, carry on some others, and don't try to flaunt it and you are set to go. I see the per person as a better idea as I will have 4 people in one room - versus someone with two... However, I am not going to stress about it between now and November.

Setting the limit per cabin has built in problems. Are they going to group all members of the same cabin together at security to make sure they don't have more than 12 on their collective carry-on bags. I doubt it. We are sailing on the Celebration on Monday and bringing two 10-packs of juice boxes for our little ones. I will put them in two different carry-on bags just in case, but I doubt anyone would confiscate that as being too much. Setting the limit per cabin would mean a single person in a cabin could bring on 12 and at the same time that would be the limit for a cabin with 5 people. I wonder what the policy is for bringing non-alcoholic drinks back with you at ports?

Setting the limit per cabin has built in problems.

Actually, it's brilliance on Carnival's part.

They will encourage more couples to split up into two adjoining cabins so they can bring aboard their free soda. That's almost 4 times the fare!:eek:

If you can bring on around 12 bottles of water/soda, that sounds reasonable. If I was Carnival I would not want someone bringing on cases and cases of drinks as a friend of mind did. 12 keeps me happy.

I'm bringing my 48 qt cooler with as much water and soda as it will hold

Thank goodness that carnival has come to their senses and decided to allow a small quantity of non-alcoholic beverages to be brought on board.

I have cruised on carnival several times before and enjoyed it.

I realize it is within carnival's right to deny me from boarding with non-alcoholic beverages, or even sunscreen if they so choose.

However, any resort that prohibits me from bringing a bottle of water into my room is not a place I want to visit.

A few weeks ago I had the occasion to help plan a cruise in the fall of 2007 for 12 people. I categorically excluded Carnival from the search due to the "no water" policy. It wasn't due to the extra cost; just due to the principle of the thing. We chose another venue.

I hope to cruise on carnival on future cruises.

...if they meant all beverages, why not say "You are only allowed to bring 1 bottle of wine/champagne, no other beverages allowed"

Nah. That's too simple. The legal beagles have to make it complicated so it looks like they're earning their keep.

Thank goodness that carnival has come to their senses and decided to allow a small quantity of non-alcoholic beverages to be brought on board.

I have cruised on carnival several times before and enjoyed it.

I realize it is within carnival's right to deny me from boarding with non-alcoholic beverages, or even sunscreen if they so choose.

However, any resort that prohibits me from bringing a bottle of water into my room is not a place I want to visit.

A few weeks ago I had the occasion to help plan a cruise in the fall of 2007 for 12 people. I categorically excluded Carnival from the search due to the "no water" policy. It wasn't due to the extra cost; just due to the principle of the thing. We chose another venue.

I hope to cruise on carnival on future cruises.

I understand your frustration and agree wholeheartedly. However, I spoke on the phone with the VP of customer relations, and she specifically told me that a case of my brand of bottled water was allowed for an 8-day cruise. She said they had decided to revert on the non-alcoholic beverages, and that revision would make it through the cruise docs/FAQs/websites as soon as they could do it.

I wouldn't exclude Carnival if non-alcoholic beverages is your main concern.

am I the only person who drinks diet sunkist? LOL...i am taking a 12 pk of that and Fiji water....plus two bottles of wine for others...Neither my husband or I drink so I guess they are losing money on us all around...But everyone else in our party we drink up a storm.:)

am I the only person who drinks diet sunkist? LOL...i am taking a 12 pk of that and Fiji water....plus two bottles of wine for others...Neither my husband or I drink so I guess they are losing money on us all around...But everyone else in our party we drink up a storm.:)

I love diet Orange Sunist, as well as diet JAZZ strawberry Cream and diet Cherry 7UP ...:) although with me & the kids flying in , I am not sure whether being picky over what we drink is worth the extra weight in the suitcases...

But I do wish that more DIET SODA options were avaiable.

Just a thought .

I am not sure whether being picky over what we drink is worth the extra weight in the suitcases...

But I do wish that more DIET SODA options were avaiable.

Just a thought .

I bring those Crystal light packets - a little packet the size of a roll of stamps makes 1/2 gallon. I guestimate how much of it to put in the 1 litre water bottles they leave in the cabins and I make as much as I want through the cruise. I prefer that to Diet colas.

Crystal light also has different flavors, I just like the lemonade.

Much less effort than shleping cases of diet soda.

I am ADDICTED to Diet sunkist - I wonder what they put into it?????

I bring those Crystal light packets - a little packet the size of a roll of stamps makes 1/2 gallon. I guestimate how much of it to put in the 1 litre water bottles.

The sleeves are designed for water bottles. They are supposed to go in 16.x ounces (1/2 liter) but we use one packet per liter. In most flavors that is about right to our taste buds.

Archived