another question about tips!

majosa

Okay thank ya'll for answering so quick to my previous tip question but now i have another!!

Alright we have a room credit because of prices going down can we use that credit to go toward the tips? If so how do we do it? If not then when will i be asked to prepay the tips? Again thank you!

You don't HAVE to prepay tips until the actual cruise. If you haven't pre paid tips prior to sailing then they are automatically added to your s&s card onboard. So technically you don't have to pay them until your cruise. Some people just like being able to pre pay them like me. This way it's one less charge I have to do. Then, I'll tip extra for great service above and beyond what Carnival has us pre pay to those people who are really great staff. If you have a credit on your s&s card ---onboard credit----already because of the price drop then it will be there and if you wait and just have the tips added while on board then it can go towards them or whatever else you put on your card.

Yes you can. When you check your account on your tv, it will show the tips being added immediately. Each day they will continue adding everything you charge to your account. On the last night, they added all of our credits that we had purchased beforehand (Funship Dollars) and our total due dropped (thank goodness! lol).

Since we had to miss Grand Cayman due to rough seas, they credited our excursions back to our account.......and gave each of us a $25 credit. Those credits showed up immediately and the total due was adjusted.

I'm not sure how your particular credit will show up, but it will show. If you're concerned about it, just go to the information desk and they'll confirm your credit and let you know when it will be put onto your account.

I hope that makes sense.

Majosa - There's a difference in prepaying and have automatic tips added to your onboard (Sail & Sign) account.

Prepaying - If you choose this method, you will pay for your tips at the time you pay for your cruise. That way, the tips are out of the way. I did this last cruise, and it was nice not to see that amount on my account.

Automatic Tips - If you don't prepay before the cruise, the tips of $10 per passenger per day will be the first entry on your account.

On board credit - If you have received OBC for whatever reason, this will be the second entry on your account...as a "credit". Everything you use your S&S card for during the cruise will be on the account. Your credit will go toward your expenditures, making your final 'bill' less.

Hope that explains it?

Yes you can. When you check your account on your tv, it will show the tips being added immediately. .

Not all ships have the Funvision where you can see your spending.

We did not have it on the Sensation /Victory or Destiny.

I dont know if ALL FAntasy class ships have this.

Not all ships have the Funvision where you can see your spending.

We did not have it on the Sensation /Victory or Destiny.

I dont know if ALL FAntasy class ships have this.

I don't think any of the Fantasy class ships have fun vision... or Victory and Destiny. I think it is only Spirit and Conquest class..

Victory does as well.

Thats good news-- sounds like they are upgrading to include all the ships. The funvision was not there on the Victory when we sailed. Were you able to view menus for the days dining pleasures?

Archived