Ultimate Balcony Dining in Suites

pmymmw

Hi,

We are in an Owners Suite on Tahitian Princess in September for our honeymoon and are very keen to try the Ultimate Balcony Dining. I understand there is a $100 per couple charge for this service. Does anybody know if this charge applies to suites as well?

Thanks for the help.

Hi,

We are in an Owners Suite on Tahitian Princess in September for our honeymoon and are very keen to try the Ultimate Balcony Dining. I understand there is a $100 per couple charge for this service. Does anybody know if this charge applies to suites as well?

Thanks for the help.

Yes it does. The difference between a regular room and a full suite is that those in full suites are allowed to order from the regular dinning room menu without a charge.

The UBD is a different setting and you have a waiter and an assistant (I believe) assigned to you while you eat. If you order food from the dinning room through room service, you do not get anyone to wait on you.

Hi,

Thanks for the help.

Yes, the $100 per couple charge applies accross the board, regardless of cabin category.

I guarantee that you will not soon forget the Ultimate Balcony Dinner, it is a great meal.

Mike:)

Has anyone ever made a substitution to the Ultimate Balcony Dinner? My husband doesn't eat seafood and I see they start with crab cakes (which I love). Any chance of asking for something different for the appetizer for him?

Thanks

Has anyone ever made a substitution to the Ultimate Balcony Dinner? My husband doesn't eat seafood and I see they start with crab cakes (which I love). Any chance of asking for something different for the appetizer for him?

Thanks

Since full suites are afforded full diningroom meals even without the Ultimate Balcony Dinner, I am sure that whatever you wanted to substitute would not be a problem.

Thanks

I was wondering the same thing. My partner has a shellfood intolerance, and saw the main course as choices between Surf and Turf or lobster tails. Is there a non-shellfish substitute (although I would happily eat her crab cakes and lobster tails :))

Thanks,

dogdoc2002

The Ultimate Balcony dining is wonderful and I recommend it to anyone – either meal but if you want extra special then go for the dinner all the way. YES!! You can substitute. I don’t eat any seafood at all and both the breakfast and dinner have seafood courses. When I called on the cruise to arrange my day and time I told them that I didn’t care for any seafood and they asked me what I would prefer as a substitute. No problem, hassle, extra charge, etc. When our meals were brought to us I received exactly what I had asked for. (I did make a point of choosing items I knew they had readily available.)

The Ultimate Balcony dining is wonderful and I recommend it to anyone – either meal but if you want extra special then go for the dinner all the way. YES!! You can substitute. I don’t eat any seafood at all and both the breakfast and dinner have seafood courses. When I called on the cruise to arrange my day and time I told them that I didn’t care for any seafood and they asked me what I would prefer as a substitute. No problem, hassle, extra charge, etc. When our meals were brought to us I received exactly what I had asked for. (I did make a point of choosing items I knew they had readily available.)

Thanks barbarah33-

You said you made a point of choosing items you knew they had readily available; did they give you a list of options, or did you just go with something you knew would be on the menu anyway?

Thanks!

dogdoc2002

I have done the breakfast twice and one time I asked for French toast instead of the salmon and the other time I requested a vegetarian omelet. Neither is on the every day breakfast menu but I know they have the ability to make them and they do offer them on certain days.

For the dinner I asked simply for filet as my entrée – vs. the surf and turf, and I received two filets. For the appetizer I just rolled the dice and asked them to please bring me whatever ‘the best non-seafood appetizer’ they had was. On most nights I don't have an appetizer so it wasn't that important to me. I actually got two of them – the puff pastry mushroom turnover thing which I happen to love and some type of fruit salad with a liquor on it. We had no problems polishing both of them off completely. I was impressed that they would take the time to bring me two of them in case one was not to my liking. And our dinner waiter did ask as he served the two appetizers if they were acceptable or if I would prefer him to go get something else.

They are very accommodating when you order the UBD. They will do anything within their power to please you. One person in our group did not eat meat and also did not eat lobster. She asked for salmon and it was provided. We had 9 people for our UBD and it was beyond wonderful. They roped off a special area for us and did a beautiful job of setting things up.

Where did you have your UBD then? Wasn't it on your balcony? Perhaps you had to have it somewhere else to fit 9 people. Must have been special and fun with lots of friends to share it with. :D

I just can't tell you what a wonderful time we had. A very memorable experience with friends. We met on a cruise in 2004 and have remained friends since then. The Horizon Court is only partially used at night. They set up a table on the side that is not used. We were by the window and they enclosed our table with use of plants and flowers. The table was just beautiful. We had two servers that were pretty much on duty the entire time. A photographer came by two different times and took a ton of pictures. We got to choose the one we wanted.

We had a ton of champagne left over which they brought to our table for the next few nights during dinner. The room service manager personally made the arrangements and was our main server. He came to my cabin and discussed all the details. I have a great picture of the whole group that sits on my mantle so I remember the evening often.:p

Archived