The New Grand Cabana at HMC

sirdavid

• 4 weeks later...

Sorry for delay in answering you. We had the bartender with us all day, to serve you in the hot tub or at your chaise! The Chef came to cook lunch and stayed around to serve the steaks etc. We tipped the two of them. There is a massage table in the Cabana, but I have no idea as to cost etc. I suspect you would set that up on the island.

Regards.

David

Did you mean $1,195.00 per person????

I also just about had a coronary when I read that!!! $1200 bucks per person for an AFTERNOON?! Holy crap!!

But that price split among a dozen people really isn't so bad at all... what a wonderful way to spend the day at HMC!!

• 1 month later...
Where on the island is this cabana located? It looks quite far from the ship looking at that one picture.

Let me try to describe the location for you. When you are coming in on the tenders, you'll pass it just before arriving at the dock. Go into the small village there , the one that has the small store, largest bar, first aid station and such. Anyway, you take a left, then another left onto the beach and you're practically there. It's a rather big thatched hut with a childrens' play area adjacent.

Let me try to describe the location for you. When you are coming in on the tenders, you'll pass it just before arriving at the dock. Go into the small village there , the one that has the small store, largest bar, first aid station and such. Anyway, you take a left, then another left onto the beach and you're practically there. It's a rather big thatched hut with a childrens' play area adjacent.

On the map they are showing a Half Moon Saloon but I understand they turned a projected bar into this cabana - I guess that is the one? Looks like a great location, not sure why the ship looked so far away.

...turns out the day shore excursion bookings came available, it had already been sold!

:mad:

So sorry, isn't that annoying?

Bepsf,

Perhaps the Ducks would be kind enough to let you have a look around. We are getting ever so close now to cruising.

Sage - Did you book a Cabana?

If not, you're always welcome to swing by for some refreshments.

:)

Greetings to all,

There were ony six of us so I tipped the Bartender $50.00 and the Chef $40.00. Both seemed very happy. I note a comment concerning the slide. Reading between the lines....they had a group of firefighters...that required a beer run back to the ship! Perhaps the slide was removed for safety and legal reasons!

• 1 year later...
  • 8 months later...

I just booked the Grand Cabana for our trip this December with my family - so excited!!:D

SirDavid - Thanks so much for all your info - we were just discussing what to tip so your advice was quite helpful

• 7 months later...

Archived