The New Grand Cabana at HMC

sirdavid

Holland America Western Caribbean Cruise March 11, 2007.

THE GRAND CABANA AT HMC.

We pushed the “boat” out and reserved the new Grand Cabana at the ever

wonderful HMC! There were six of us and it was OUTSTANDING! Our own

bartender (from the Crows Nest) and our own cook (from the Pinnacle

Grill) Great clean and private bathrooms and a modern glass walled

private shower. Great fun was had in the hot tub and great food and

liquor flowed all day long. Yes, it is just passed the children’s play

area. But the “grownup” children had a lot of full playing on the

tethered water animals

Here are a few pictures taken on March 12, 2007

1947566090_MAD1811.JPG.0369caf7b6b0b6a0d30d258d0cd24197.JPG

325045284_MAE59F1.JPG.12011f956af8480d682ea0cd82059855.JPG

Sir David

Looks Like You Guys Had Fun............ I Am Interested In The Cabana's But I Don't Know That Much About Them Can You Give More Detailed Information? Can You Give Prices,what Is All Included,how Many People Can There Be To One Cabana. I Am Sure It Has Been Posted Before But I Haven't Seen It................

Thanks Marsha

It is called the "Palm Package."

Here is a quote from HAL:

"Private Oasis at Half Moon Cay - Palm Package

DURATION: Varies - The base rate is applicable for up to 12 guests. Only one guest need purchase the reservation for up to 12 guests.

PRICE: $1195 per person

The Private Oasis perches on a point, partially over water, so you can enjoy your private gathering in a luxurious setting, highlighted by both a fun water slide and easy walkway into the warm turquoise waters. The Private Oasis offers a total of 1,620 square feet and includes a large covered deck and comfortable sun deck with eight-person hot tub. Features include an indoor teak dining table seating six people, outdoor teak lounges and bar stools accommodating 12, barbecue area, full wet bar and refrigerator, massage table, iPod music system, multi-colored Bahamian tapestries, men's and women's changing rooms, indoor and outdoor showers with heated fresh water, 100-foot walkway with misting stations and privacy gate.

Your Palm Package menu throughout the day will include:

-Fresh Fruit, Danish, Chips & Salsa from 1000-1400

-Beverage Package with Soft Drinks, Bottled Water, Juices, Domestic and Imported Beers, House Pouring Wine by the Glass (Cabernet Sauvignon, Chardonnay, White Zinfandel, Pinot Grigio, Merlot, Sparkling Wine), Island Cocktails (Cuban Mojito, Beach Cruiser, Rum Runner), Frozen Tropical Classics (Pina Colada, Strawberry Daiquiri, BBC, Banana Colada, Cappuccino Colada, Margarita), Mocktails (Cool as a Cucumber, Pina not a Colada, Margarita Breeze, Tropical Delight) from 1000-1500

-BBQ lunch buffet with Pasta Salad, Fruit Salad, Grilled Hamburgers, Hot Dogs, Fresh Island Fish and BBQ Chicken, Brownies & Cookies from 1130-1300

NOTES:

The base rate is applicable for up to 12 guests. Only one guest need purchase the reservation for up to 12 guests. For groups with more than 12 guests, an Extra Person Surcharge for the Private Oasis at Half Moon Cay must be purchased for each additional person from 13-25 guests.

" quote.gif

Many thanks, Sir David, for the both the photos and the information. This thread will be helpful to a lot of people. Now, when someone posts the question, " Does anyone know anything about the Grand Cabana at HMC?" we can point them towards this thread!:) (I just love it when someone else does all the work!!;) )

Cheers, it looks like it was a grand day on Half Moon Cay!

Sir David,

Thanks so very much for the pix. We're considering it for our November cruise, but I have a couple quesitons......

Is it easy to get to? We have a Friend with multiple sclerosis who's considering joining us.

Is there any area to be sure to be cool? She also has problems with high heat situations. I read somewhere that they have "misters." Do you remember where they're located?

Thanks in advance for any help you can give us!

• 3 months later...

Thank you sir david for posting the information and pictures!!!

i just reserved this for our trip in december2007.

one of the answers i was looking for was the proximity of the bathrooms So happy they have their own private ones!

I do have a couple questions if you could help me out...

I know tipping is a personal choice but who are we going to tip? the butler and the chef? are there any more expecting a tip? approximately how much is "recommended"?

second: there is a masseuse available for a TIP or pay per 30 minutes?

thank you in advance,

*sweet*

I went to the HAL website today and then to their excursions. I downloaded the "booklet" for southern caribbean. It had HMC in it, but nothing at all about cabanas. ???

Where do I go for this info?

Thanks,

Shay

Archived