C752 AFT on Emerald

Patti K

We are about to book our first ever AFT Balcony Cabin for our Greek Isles cruise in 2008. I'm now having second thoughts on whether or not this is a good idea. We like to have drinks and people watch while ship is leaving port. Are these aft cabins as good as everyone says?

Hi - we just booked the Emerald Green Isles in July 2008 and were looking for an aft mini-suite, but they all appear to be balconies or full suites. We need a mini for 3 of us, so picked E725 which looks to be above Club Fusion....hope we aren't sorry with possible noise???

Maybe the upgrade fairy will move us up.....

The only draw back I can see for an aft is that you are pretty far away from things and seems like we were always walking from one end of the ship to the other to get around....on the other hand, heard they have great large balconies and good exercise with all the walking!!!

We booked C752 on Emerald for the 6/5/08 Greek Isles cruise yesterday. It is a outside with balcony. There were only a few that were not suites. I'm glad we grabbed this when it was available.

Thanks for your reply.

We had C753 on the Caribbean Princess. I love the aft and that was our 7th aft cabin. It was by far the best one we had to date.

I would not hesitate taking it on another ship. I didnt think it was that much farther from the food/pools then other aft cabins we had.

Hi Serene!

We had C752 opposite of Serene on Caribbean Princess last month. We also had an aft on Royal Caribbean Splendour OtS last summer through the Greek Isles and we loved it. We had a full private view of leaving every port. We continue to book aft every time.

Have a great time--it's so beautiful there.

-Anne

we are considering d734 and d736 on the emerald princess for next summer. we have had an aft cabin before, and loved the large balcony with no wind, as well as the amazing view...it is as though you are on your own ship. There is more vibration at times, but less up and down motion.

If you want a slightly larger balcony with an aft facing view plus a partial side view, then C 752 or C753 are best. Since these aft facing cabins are on the outside corner of the ship - they have a balcony that has a divider with the adjacent suite cabin on one side of the balcony and a partial wraparound wall on the other side. Do a search of these boards using C752 or C753 as search words and you will find pictures of these balconies on Grand Class ships. Balcony layout is the same on Crown/Emerald.

The aft facing Dolphin deck balconies D 734 and D735 are aft facing cabins located in the center of aft space. They have some sort of superstructure beside them on the inside wall (not sure, but I think it may be airconditioning shafts, according to some posters on these boards) and the other side of the balcony wall is shared with suite cabins next door. You have view of the ship's wake facing out but no partial side view as with C 752/753.

If you have a choice, I would go with C 752/753.

Enjoy your cruise!

Archived