Parking at port, NYC.

cruizen53

Anyone have info on parking at pier ? Is it true they only take cash? no credit card. How is availability . Thanks for any help. Ken

Availability is never a problem - They take credit cards MC/Visa and I believe Amex - the new website has old info. :rolleyes:

And the rate is still $24/day?

Parking Rates

• Cruise parking (multi-day passengers)
    $24.00 per day
  • Daily rate (up to 10 hours) for drop offs/visitors
    $22.00
  • Overnight rate (per 24 hours)
    $25.00
  • Monthly rate (for parking in excess of eight days)
    $180.00

Was there any problems (over booked for parking) with a second ship in port? The Dawn is sailing on the same day as the Spirit (4/1/07)?

There have been as many as 5 ships at the terminal and the parking has NEVER been full. Does that help?

Was there any problems (over booked for parking) with a second ship in port? The Dawn is sailing on the same day as the Spirit (4/1/07)?

Keep in mind all those folks getting off those ships open spaces. Both were in port in Feb when we sailed and even with the lot full of snow and ice no problem parking. Keep in mind those from the Dawn park on top of one pier and the Spirit the other pier.

2741496830059187889szNMAm_th.jpg

I have a silly question. When you arrive at the pier, drop your luggage off with the porters, instead of dropping all the passengers except the driver, will they allow everyone in the car to stay together? I can just see DH leaving us with the luggage to go park the car and not being able to find us in the terminal. He's not too great with following instructions and is very likely to get lost. (and get mad at me because he can't find us)

yes you can although the guards up stairs sometimes get annoyed at passengers in cars parking...you will see what I mean...you aren't supposed to take roll on's on the escalator and then you just take the elevator down...

yes you can although the guards up stairs sometimes get annoyed at passengers in cars parking...you will see what I mean...you aren't supposed to take roll on's on the escalator and then you just take the elevator down...

Thanks Smeyer. I'd rather have the guards annoyed with me than DH. We won't have any roll on's with us, I'm going to check everything with the porters (except my purse with passports and stuff). We've never driven ourselves to the pier before we've always taken the bus so this should be an adventure:rolleyes:

You know, I've was born, raised and worked all my life in and around NYC. Infact was working off the Intrepid for over 6 months and I never knew anything about that terminal! Never knew where the entrance to the driveup was (55th Street and 12th Ave? Right?) Thanks to all the helpful CC members here I'm enlightened....It really would've been embarassing if I got lost there too, Smellytoes!

Archived