Transportation from airport to cruise

ntbullet

My family of 4 is planning a cruise with Royal Caribbean in August. I am seeking sugguestions on getting from the airport to the cruise(Port Canaveral). Should I use the cruise line transportation, $32 per person one way, or are their other dependable transportation?

Also, any suggestions on transportation from the cruise to DisneyWorld?:confused:

Thanks in advance.

We usually just grab a cab or shuttle from the airports. They are usually cheaper and you can travel on your schedule. The cruiseline transportation is a bus and you have to wait until it fills before they leave. The positive is they take your luggage. Port Canaveral is about a 45 minute drive from the airport. I think the last time we did that trip it was about $25/pp for a shuttle.

I would check online to see what transportation is available for the area. You can sometimes schedule round trips and get a discount, including transportation to Disney. There are some fairly large transportation companies that work the area that you could reserve online

My family of 4 rented a car at MCO from Budget. Drove to Port Canaveral and dropped it off there. Budget shuttles took us to the ship.

Car rental rate was cheaper than 4 taxi/shuttle/transfers. Budget also had a $9.75 flat rate for gasoline if you drive less than 75 miles (made so that you use it for the airport to port and maybe a couple miles errands too). LOTS of people do this. They also have it in reverse to get back to the airport.

I know Thrifty has rentals there too and probably other companies.

I am debating between the RC shuttle and a private car. Shuttle is cheaper but we land at 10 am and we don't want to sit at the airport waiting for the RC shuttle to fill before it leaves. Does anyone know what time the RC shuttles start showing up at the Orlando airport?

Another vote for renting a car. We did this last year both to the cruise and on the way back. Was very easy and both ways costs less than having the 4 of us on the shuttle one way.

Sailing out of Port Canaveral again this year and already have my reservations in with Budget. Went with them because they have counter right at the airport, no need to shuttle to the rental car lot like some of them.

I'm cruising out of Port Canaveral for the 1st time in September. We have plans to arrive a day early and would be interested in a little more detail regarding renting a car for overnight and the drive to the port, then how the trip back to the airport after the cruise works. Is there a shuttle that takes you between the port to Budget?

Renting a car is the way to go and substantially cheaper - even for 2 people. We used Budget from Orlando Airport to Port Canaveral and vice versa.

They are very used to cruise passengers and will have a shuttle at the port to take you to the rental office or from the rental office to the port.

Thanks KT32, that's just the information that I was looking for. I'll make my reservations today. Any recommendations on a hotel for Friday night, just looking for something convenient preferably a best western with a restaurant close by

Last time we cruised, it was just the two of us and we took the Airport Express shuttle for $18pp. Next time we cruise will be with a 5mo infant. Anyone know if those places charge the full fare for an infant? If so, renting may be the way to go.

Stayed there in Nov 06 with DH and DD (3)- practically across the street from the port and the Budget rental site is like a mile further down Astronaut Blvd.

Residence Inn includes a breakfast buffett, too- pretty good in terms of variety- just a little crowded for my tastes, so we brought our breakfast back to our room

there was also a supermarket on the same road that we stopped off to get some last minute items.

Happy sailing,

Wendy

Archived