Dawn Question Re Laundry Rooms

theduffys

I have read somewhere that there is a place to do some laundry on the Dawn but, when I look at the deck plans, I don't see any designation for a laundry room. Can any of you experienced cruises give me a heads up about this? Thanks a bunch.

Just returned from the Dawn this past Sunday and can tell you that there is definitely a laundry room on Deck 9 and I believe that there is at least 1 more on a lower deck. Your room attendant can tell you exactly where. The laundry on deck 9 had 3 washing machines and 3 dryers. They are the front loading high efficiency European type machines. There are also 2 ironing boards and irons in the laundry room.

I did several loads of laundry in their machines (we took our 6 month old and he can run through alot of clothes!). They worked very well. I will tell you that you should bring your own detergent because the machine in the room where you can buy detergent was out of order for several days.

The ship is beautiful. I'm sure that you will have a great time.

I have read somewhere that there is a place to do some laundry on the Dawn but, when I look at the deck plans, I don't see any designation for a laundry room. Can any of you experienced cruises give me a heads up about this? Thanks a bunch.

we used the laundry quite a bit as well. we were w/my 16 mo old, who so wonderfully threw up on me in the aqua restaurant...so much fun :) so we knew the laundry quite well. on deck 7, 9, 10 and i believe 11 as well. mid ship, starboard side. if you don't have detergent you need quaters to buy some. they also have ironing boards and an iron but it can get quite nasty in there, when a lot of people are trying to iron ;)

enjoy

gina

Hi. Thank you posting about the laundry. Could you tell me where exactly on deck 9 is the laundry? Thanks.

also midship starboard side, if you take the elevator and walk down starboard side (depending where your room is) it will be on your left. go slow though, b/c w/all the doors i passed right by it several times. the crew is very helpful though and if you ask one of the room stewards who are in the hall they will help you, one even helped me use the machine. it is a little confusing..digital.

On Deck 10 opposite room 10122 there is the laundry room. i was in there for 2 hours one afternoon. There are two ironing boards set up in there too. I brought my own detergent and dryer sheets. The 3 washing machines in there are not that great but okay. You have to S L A M the door really hard in order for them to work. They are on timers. Directions are posted on the wall....but remember to slam the heck of the door in order for them to start!!! This tip was given to me by a woman who had wasted an hour trying to start them and called the whole world before someone else came in and slammed the door shut!!! The Dryers are not that great but you can leave your stuff in there and no one will touch them unless of course your time runs out and then you will find your stuff on an ironing board. Be considerate. :)

I guess they don't want the laundry room to be too appealing so that you utilize the laundry services in your cabin. Im sorry I did waste those two hours doing laundry....I shoulve spent the $$ and done something else...but I did meet some nice women in there doing the exact same thing!!

Enjoy your trip. The ship is lovely.

:)

The laundry rooms were surprisingly busy when we were on the Dawn this past spring. Since they aren't marked on deck plans, I thought only Cruise Critic people would know about them! I was wrong. Late afternoon on the private island day, the afternoon of the Nassau day, and the last sea day were the busiest - not surprising, since people run out of clean clothes towards the end of the cruise. When it's busy, be prepared for people to pull your stuff out if you aren't back in time to retrieve it yourself from the washer or dryer. Try early morning or late at night. And try other decks if the first one you check out is busy. I know there are laundry rooms on decks 5, 9, 10, 11. It's just a hunch, but maybe the one on deck 11 is less crowded - people in the high-rent suites may be more inclined to use the laundry service than do it themselves. ;)

Archived