new to RCI

Ok i am new to Royal Caribbean i have previously cruised on carnival and loved it. I am very excited and am leaving in almost 3 weeks. Are there any tricks or things i need to know about the Sov. of the seas. I am really excited i just am not sure what to expect. This is a girls only cruise so i wont have my husband to show me the ropes like he always does. So any information would be appreciated!

Thanks

Heather

Ok i am new to Royal Caribbean i have previously cruised on carnival and loved it. I am very excited and am leaving in almost 3 weeks. Are there any tricks or things i need to know about the Sov. of the seas. I am really excited i just am not sure what to expect. This is a girls only cruise so i wont have my husband to show me the ropes like he always does. So any information would be appreciated!

Thanks

Heather

Welcome to the boards. Just go and have fun. Everything will fall into place. Read the daily Compass which will be on your bed when you get to your cabin. It will list all of the daily activities.

Hi Heather! The Sovereign is a pretty straightforward ship, since she's relatively small and doesn't have all the bells & whistles of the Voyager-class ships.

The shorter Bahamas cruises are among the more casual on RCI, so you probably won't find that many differences from your experiences on Carnival. The dining room atmosphere will probably still be a little more formal, but not much.

One word of warning: if you're staying in an inside cabin, they are much smaller than on Carnival. We booked one for our girls on our last family cruise, and boy was I glad they only had to sleep there, and had the big suite to hang out in !! There were three of them, and it was a really tight fit.

Enjoy your girls' cruise !! :)

I have to agree with the above posters, when they say that the ship cabins are tiny, sheesh, they're not kidding!!! :)

But you'll have a great time. The shorter cruises are more relaxed but still a lot of fun!

Have a great time!

Heather,

I'm jealous! I keep trying to get my girlfriends together to do a vacation. We just can't seem to work our schedules out at the same time. I'll be off on the Rhapsody with DH about the same time that you are enjoying your Sovereign cruise.

Look for Janette on the Cruise Director staff. Tell her that her old friends from Rhapsody miss her. I don't know if that would be enough to win you an extra pen or anything. :rolleyes: But it should get you a terrific smile.

Have fun!!

Archived