Silver Jewellery, which port has the bargains?

Kernel Fudge

Hi all, hope you can help. :)

Some places are better than others, for various things. I need silver jewellery, nice stuff for my wife, one item, at the best price ! :D

Itinerary is: Tortola, St. Maarten, St. Kitts, St. Lucia, Barbados, St. Vincent, Trinidad, Bonaire, and Aruba.

I will be keeping my eye open at all of course, but if you good people could offer any advice as to port, town or indeed store..... mucho appreciado! :cool: (MUST be silver !!!)

Thx in advance

Kernel.

Based on that itinerary I would say St. Maarten. You could go to the Shopping Seminar on your ship and find out more details about silver jewelry in each port. Check out Omni Jewelers International, Joe's Jewelry International, and Effy.

How about the Mexico Ports?

Cabo, Acapulco, Ixtapa and PV

which one is the best?

Thanks

I haven't been to the Mexican Riveria yet. (I hope to go sometime though!)Since I live in GA most of my cruises are caribbean-maybe someone from the west coast will reply to you. I know Happy KS lives on the west coast, maybe she can help you out.

It is interesting, you are not going to the western Caribbean and everyone wants to recommend Mexico for silver; of course it is the best, but you won't be there. I would suggest you listen to the port talks. Of course the talks consentrate on the shops that give a kick back to the cruise line, but you will, at least get some ideas. As someone said, don't count too much on the deals being all that much better than the states. This isn't saying you don't get good deals, you certainly can, just know your product. SOme of the best daels we have gotten in silver have been in St Maartin (the dutch side) Don't count Aruba out, they too have great duty free shopping if you keep your eyes open. NMNita

It is interesting, you are not going to the western Caribbean and everyone wants to recommend Mexico for silver; of course it is the best, but you won't be there. I would suggest you listen to the port talks. Of course the talks consentrate on the shops that give a kick back to the cruise line, but you will, at least get some ideas. As someone said, don't count too much on the deals being all that much better than the states. This isn't saying you don't get good deals, you certainly can, just know your product. SOme of the best daels we have gotten in silver have been in St Maartin (the dutch side) Don't count Aruba out, they too have great duty free shopping if you keep your eyes open. NMNita

AWZRT asked about the Mexican riveria. I guess others were answering him/her-I know I was. I will say again the "deals" aren't there and NEVER buy tanzanite in one of those stores, it is much more affordable in your local jewelry store or off the internet.

AWZRT asked about the Mexican riveria. I guess others were answering him/her-I know I was. I will say again the "deals" aren't there and NEVER buy tanzanite in one of those stores, it is much more affordable in your local jewelry store or off the internet.
you are right, your advise was correct, I was concintrating only on the Op. As for good deals, I have gotten or did a couple of times Silver in St Maartin much cheaper than anywhere at home, even cheaper than here in NM. Overall I agree; as for buying on line, I think I would be a little nervous, but I am a sucker for a good deal and could be persuaded if I did think it was too good to turn down. LOL

you are right, your advise was correct, I was concintrating only on the Op. As for good deals, I have gotten or did a couple of times Silver in St Maartin much cheaper than anywhere at home, even cheaper than here in NM. Overall I agree; as for buying on line, I think I would be a little nervous, but I am a sucker for a good deal and could be persuaded if I did think it was too good to turn down. LOL

Well places like amazon.com and smartbargains.com-I would not buy online anywhere. I know if I buy at those two places I can return the item and get my money refunded.

Cheap tanzanite is obvious-it is more light purple then dark royal blue.

Well places like amazon.com and smartbargains.com-I would not buy online anywhere. I know if I buy at those two places I can return the item and get my money refunded.

Cheap tanzanite is obvious-it is more light purple then dark royal blue.

Talking about tanzanite, I got screwed royally in St Thomas a few years ago. I always said I would buy any, but we walked into a shop, I was just looking and saw these adorable tanzanite ear rings. I won't tell anyone how much we paid, I am too embarrassed. The shop used lighting that made the color quite different than it was when I got home. Not only that, but stupid me, I am certainly not small and dainty and the ear rings are. Oh well, at least I have tanzanite worth about 1/3 what I paid for it. LOL

I see you're going to Aruba and Bonaire. The "C" of the ABC islands is Curacao and they're very much the same in shopping, I think.

I did get some David Yurman silver/18K gold in Curacao last December for a good price. And, of course, no sales tax.

I don't think are are any really great bargains to be had. Know what the item you want costs HERE before you go.

Anybody ever go to Costco online and look at the jewelry? Once in awhile they have some amazing stuff!:o

Archived