How big are the Empress aft balconies on Valor....not the wraps

bubbles1209

How big are the aft balcony cabins on the Empress deck of the Carnival Valor? I don't mean the wrap cabins, mainly a cabin like 7444. If anyone knows or has any pics, I would appreciate the help. Having a very hard time finding any pics, even on webshots. All kinds with the wraps, and the balconies on the side, but not many afts at all.

I will be in 7442. If my mind isn't so relaxed that it has turned to mush I will try to respond to your question. My first time in a aft.

I'll be not so patiently waiting! That cabin is right next door to the one we will be in on my birthday cruise in June, please don't forget:) And thanks:D

Yes, I would also be interested to know whether the aft Empress balconies are deeper than the "normal" balconies of the Balcony cabins down the sides.

From the deck plan, the aft 744x balconies seem to be the same depth as the side balconies. (Unlike the aft balconies on the other decks, such as Verandah etc, which on the deck plan seem to be deeper than the side balconies)

From the deck plan, the aft 744x balconies seem to be the same depth as the side balconies.

Don't trust the deck plans on this issue:)

I did a lot of research after booking 7451 (on Liberty, same layout as Valor) and the balconies are the same size for Upper, Verandah, and Empress aft cabins.

However, there are rooms that are slightly (like 6-12 inches) skinnier than the others, so those do not have a sofa. I think those are the two middle cabins on each deck (7448, 7453). This is from memory, so someone please correct if I am mistaken :p

We will be in 7447 and 7449 Easter week. I did a lot of research too (try cabin selection board). I think these are better than cabins above (scraping chair noise) and below (disco noise). I also have heard that the balconies are extended (from my PVP). Some Empress aft cabins do not have sofas (are narrower). They do not have the breeze of side cabins, and do not necessarily have privacy, but have spectacular views. I will report back the week of the 16th to let you know what is myth and what is reality. Some, like ours (I hope) can have the balcony dividers opened up to connect.

I will be in 7442. If my mind isn't so relaxed that it has turned to mush I will try to respond to your question. My first time in a aft.

Ugogirl....I will be waiting to read replies to your post. My daughter & I will be in the same cabin #7442 as you! However, it won't be until May of 2008.

We can't wait! This will be our first aft balcony cabin.

We were in 7444 in Feb. The balcony had two chairs and a small table. It also had a couch in the room. One of the chairs you could lay flat if you wanted. The rail tilts inward so you loose a little space because of that. It gets really hot out there as there isn't much of a breeze but on the day we left Miami it was chilly and windy so I was grateful to be able to get some rays on the aft. We had a port side extended balcony on the Pride and I think it was about the same size.

Carnival Valor- Feb. 07

Carnival Pride- Sept. 05

event.png

event.png[/url]

event.png

event.png

We were in 7444 in Feb. The balcony had two chairs and a small table. It also had a couch in the room. One of the chairs you could lay flat if you wanted. The rail tilts inward so you loose a little space because of that. It gets really hot out there as there isn't much of a breeze but on the day we left Miami it was chilly and windy so I was grateful to be able to get some rays on the aft. We had a port side extended balcony on the Pride and I think it was about the same size.

Carnival Valor- Feb. 07

Carnival Pride- Sept. 05

event.png

event.png

event.png

event.png

:eek: any pics?

I am attaching some pictures from my Conquest cruise. 7453 Empress Aft. These should be the same as the Valor since they are the same class ship.

I am not very good at attaching these pictures so I will submit 3 different posts. Also, if you can't see them very well after opening, send me an e-mail tania_18@yahoo.com and I will send you the originals that will be a lot bigger in size.

balcony7453-1.JPG.0914311163665cd4b7463b7aa58fc4de.JPG

We will be in 7447 and 7449 Easter week. I did a lot of research too (try cabin selection board). I think these are better than cabins above (scraping chair noise) and below (disco noise). I also have heard that the balconies are extended (from my PVP). Some Empress aft cabins do not have sofas (are narrower). They do not have the breeze of side cabins, and do not necessarily have privacy, but have spectacular views. I will report back the week of the 16th to let you know what is myth and what is reality. Some, like ours (I hope) can have the balcony dividers opened up to connect.

these are great! Here is the description below - the afts are the same on 6. 7. & 8

AFT (not wrap around)

185/60 sq ftBeds: twin/king rab:0View: window and extended balcony connecting balconies: yesTV; telephone; 110 AC current; individual climate control; hair dryer wall safe; minibar; 3-closets; shower; sofa and coffee table

Archived