Post Cruise Hotel in Montreal

mountainmama

Yes, I can make a recommendation. We stayed at the Auberge duviexport in october for a weekend for our 5th Anniversary and loved it. I had found it, I believe, on Trip Advisor and then it was listed as one of the most romantic hotels in the World (maybe Fodors site)

Here is the web site.

http://www.aubergeduvieuxport.com/

The price includes a full breakfast. The staff is so nice. Long story but I left my canadian dollars at home. Not to worry since they gave me cash at the front desk and just added it to my bill. We asked for a room with a high ceiling like some of the ones pictured on the web. I believe they may all be on the 3rd floor. The location is great. We were ablle to walk across the street to the Port and check out the Science Museum the morning before our flight, since it so close.

If you are looking for a great deal and don't mind putting forth some effort, start at www.biddingfortravel.com and find out from those message boards what the typical winning bids are for rooms on Priceline. Go to Priceline and bid for the dates and star levels mentioned. I've gotten the Hyatt Regency for $US 55-65 several times (plus service charge, but including tax). For some reason, rooms in Montreal through Priceline Name Your Own Price are better deals than in most North American cities. Good luck.

I stayed at the Auberge Bonaparte in the Old Port district and had a good time. It was a short taxi ride from the pier, and I could actually seen the funnel of the Maasdam from their roof deck.

This is a very small hotel, but the staff was quite friendly and helpful. It is a bit far from the downtown area, but many of the sites are not too far of a walk. The buildings in the area were older, not very tall, and historic. The downtown was more of a modern city. You will need to decide what will suit you.

Breakfast was included the next morning; it was a full service, hot breakfast and very impressive!

There were many other cruise passengers staying there as well.

Enjoy your trip!

Archived