Sorry, but I need confirmation on the in cabin consumption fee

Can you guys tell me what fee you were charged to purchase alcohol for in cabin consumption? I know you pay the cost of the bottle, PLUS $10. The confusion lies in whether you are charged $10 PER BOTTLE, or a one time fee of $10 for all the bottles that you purchased.

I know the rules state $10 per bottle, but I've read that many were only charged $10 total. Please share your experience.

Thanks

This may have changed since March, but back then there was a $9.50 surcharge but I was only charged this once and purchased 3 bottles on the first night. I think that after the first night the charge is $9.50 a bottle. This may be different from ship to ship. In any case, it beats trying to smuggle booze onboard.

Stretch

When we were on the Voyager in May they had a special on the day we boarded. We ordered the liquor in the afternoon and paid a flat $9.00 fee for the entire order. Than after the ship sailed we went back and picked up our order. Later in the week when our friends went they were charged $9.00 per bottle. So check at the shops as soon as you board the ship. I know on the Voyager class ships they had a table set up in front of the store to place orders for several hours before we actually left port.

Great, that is helpful to know. Thanks.

What do they offer? The standard every flavor rum? What did you guys buy? :)

Did they sell tequila? What about Tangueray? Just curious!

What goes well with Mango rum? :)

Great, that is helpful to know. Thanks.

What do they offer? The standard every flavor rum? What did you guys buy? :)

Did they sell tequila? What about Tangueray? Just curious!

What goes well with Mango rum? :)

They offer just about anything you want in a top shelf liquor.

Tangueray, Bombay Sapphire, Crown Royal, Absolute vodka, etc. I did not see notice any wine in the Liquor Store, but you can order it from room service, same way with beer.

The also had a good selection of Tequilas, Rums, and cordials.

Stretch

This is an unconfirmed rumor I read on a board somewhere

but I thought I understood RCI was raising it's corkage fee to $20 :eek: Yikes!

That was mentioned on either this board or the Celebrity board, and it was reported that the corkage fee would go from $12 to $15. I guess alot of people will be pouring themselves very large glasses of wine in their cabin and just walking into the dining room with them.

Stretch

That's a topic on the Celebrity board, about wine and the corkage fees... the alcohol rate per bottle on RCI duty free purchases is still $9.50 or $10... I have been charged per bottle and per purchase... I think it also has to do with the ship and training of the clerk... but count on per bottle and be pleasantly surprised if it's not. No matter what, it's still cheaper than at home, and easier than lugging stuff.

We were on the Splendour in March and they had an excellent selection of various hard liquors. I drink Tangueray, so I can vouch for that being there, and it was 1/2 the cost of a bottle in Houston. The tequila choices were limited, I guess they know you'll buy a bottle, or three in port if you dock in Mexico. Lots of differents rums including the flavored ones and lots of liquers( spelling?) Anyway, hope that helps!

Alphawave

Dang, just when I had perfected booze smuggling they make it to darn reasonable to even do it! Sure wish they'd sell cases of beer too! It's not that I'm trying to get out of buying drinks on the ship. But when I'm chillin' on the balcony or getting dressed for dinner it's nice to be able to fix myself a drink or two..(or twelve;)) If I have walk all the way down to the bar and back my drink would be gone and I'd have to start all over again and I'd never make it to dinner! :)

• 5 months later...

I think on most ships you can purchase up to 3 litres the first day for one corkage fee of $9-10, then each day after that (if you run out.....!!!), it's $9-$10 fee per bottle, so do it all for the first day! Anyway with the cheap cost of a litre, even after corkage and US/CDN exchange, it's still a good deal! What the hell we're on holidays.........I'll worry about it when I get home!

Someone asked about Mr & Mrs T.... I gather that's for bloody mary's? we were on the Voyager last March and I bought little cans at the bar of tomato juice as well as Mott's Clamato juice.......it's the absolute best for Bloody Caesers. Just bring a little celery salt in a baggie for the rim. They have Tobasco at the bar too, I just borrowed a whole bottle for my room. And limes. You'll be all set for the balcony happy hour!!

just got back from grandeur and it was $9.50 per bottle. bought 2 bottles of crown for $32, paid $9.50 for one bottle and had other delivered on last night. still is a helluva lot cheaper than paying $5 + 15%.

Archived