Houston Restaurants?

Hey Joy! When I was in Houston I stayed in Clear Lake and got some recommendations, but what I did that really helped out was went to google maps, put in the address of the hotel, then you can choose different things like 'restaurants' - 'attractions' - 'drugstores' etc. to find places nearby. It pinpoints it all and then sometimes gives reviews and such. We rented a car so I just printed out all my directions from there to some restaurants we thought we might try. I think you can designate a particular such as 'Mexican restaurants' 'Steak restaurants' ? Good luck!

Spencer's, right in your hotel, is one of the top rated steak restaurants in town. We haven't eaten there ourselves, however. Another great steak place across Texas Avenue from Minute Maid Park is Vic and Anthony's. I can vouch for it personally. Both are high dollar. Another we had a good meal in is the Strip House. Same price range, but the decor is "bordello" complete with some racy photos. If you are sensitive or have kids, you may want to consider that. Same price range. Any of those places you might want to make a reservation if it's a weekend night, Spencer's included. I can't think of a Mexican restaurant downtown. There are so many in our neighborhood that we don't need to stray far. Try looking at www.citysearch.houston.com for ratings, etc.

Listen to hughdm on the Vic & Anthony's Steakhouse. http://www.vicandanthonys.com/flash_content/index.html There are only two Vic & Anthony's in the Untied States. The one in Downtown Houston and one in the Golden Nugget in downtown Las Vegas. Vic & Anthony's is owned by Landry's Corp. and is a labor of love from President and CEO, Tilman Fertitta,. The restaurant is named after his father Vic & cousin Anthony who along with Tillman traveled the country in search of what makes a great steakhouse. Vic & Anthony's is the result of this effort and they got it right.

As far as Tex-Mex Food in Downtown Houston you should try Irma's Southwest Grill http://www.irmassouthwest.com/ Both Vic & Anthony's and Irma's Southwest Grill at located close to Minute Maid Park.

I know you were asking about steak and Mexican restaurants, but I just have to put in a plug for our favorite downtown restaurant, Mia Bella. It 's on Main Street and serves wonderful Italian food. There are a lot of restaurants in the downtown area and the area itself is worth a seeing.

Archived