Galveston- walking distance?

barbevrn

The answer is yes and no. There is parking directly adjacent to the cruise terminal but I would not use this for long term parking since the lots are not fenced. While most of the long term cruise parking lots are only a few blocks from the terminal why would you need to walk? They all provide shuttles as far as I know.

Please explain your question.

Is it possible to walk from the parking areas at the port to the termenal?

Safety is also a factor as the lots are along Harborside, and that area is not designed for foot traffic. If you have a lot of luggage, drop it and passengers off at the terminal and then park and ride the shuttle back without having to wrestle with your stuff. With our heat and humidity, hiking with luggage to the terminals is not my idea of the way to start a cruise.

We parked at lighthouse and it was directly across from where RCCL docks. It could easily be walked. You would need to drop your bags first. It took 15mis or so for the bus to show up on the return trip, so you might be able to save some time there, not sure how you would get on the lot.

Also, when you get off the ship, use a porter for your bags. You will sail through customs. We used a porter and it only took 10mins to get through. Our friends did not and they were in line for over an hour.

Well worth the $8 I tipped him.

Mike in Tulsa

Archived