What is the best time to get into Margaritaville?

BABYJOSIE98

We are sailing RCCL in Jan and our shop gets into Key West at 7:00. What is the best time to get into Margaritaville??? I have heard the line can get bad and we really want to go there???

Thanks for any help....

Michelle

The entire southern end of Duval Street gets mobbed when a ship or ships are in town. I would plan to go by 11 AM, hint, do your shoping first as the gift shop is often more crowded than the restaurant/bar.

Have a blast, Other ideas - stop into Irish Kevins and the Hogs Breath.

Michelle - Obviously, these other posters are not parrotheads. We have been there on two different cruises and have not had a long wait either time. We tend to get there aro 11:00 and only waited 5 minutes. We are again going to be there in December. By the Way, there is an awesome bakery on the other side of the street that has 1/2 pound cookies that are to die for. Have a grand cruise!

My wife and I are PARROTHEADS and we would never go into Margaritaville! First off, it's not even owned by Jimmy Buffet any longer. It has become a major tourist trap for cruisers. It's sad to see the parade of cruisers marching up to Mararitaville then down to Sloppy Joes. A trip on the Conch Train, buy a snack and back to the ship.

• 1 month later...

They talk about it on Radiomargaritaville and it is still listed on Jimmy Buffet's website as one of his restaurants??? I get the merchandise order booklet all the time in the mail and so I know they have Margaritaville endorsed merchandise. That's all I want it a T-shirt or something??? Too me all those shops are tourist traps......So what is one more???

We are not planning on doing to much in Key West,but hitting the shops anyway.....Thanks for everyones advice!

JB still gets the royalties from the sale of all the logo merchandise. That's why he's pushing it.

Believe me, he DOES NOT own Margaritaville. He also no longer owns his former home in Key West on the beach across from Louie's Backyard.

We went to dinner there on a Thursday night (around 6:00 or so) and walked right in. The place was hopping, but people didn't seem to hang around very long. Margaritaville may be nothing more than a tourist trap (and not owned by JB), but we still enjoy going to the ones we come across. Same with Hard Rock (and there's one in KW). We also visited Sloppy Joes...

However, the Margaritaville shop was packed (which you enter from the front sidewalk-not through the restaurant). We went back the next day (when there wasn't a ship in port), and the place was pretty much empty (and so were the sidewalks).

My husband and I were in Key West 2 weeks ago and did a little shopping and then landed at Hogs Breath Saloon! We "swaggered" back to the ship after having an awesome time listening to the live music and having a few brewskys. :D Of course, you can't leave Hogs Breath without a t-shirt!!!

It wasn't until I was surfing the web yesterday that I learned about Margaritaville in Key West! I was sorry we missed it but someone please tell me....is it as "touristy" as Senor Frogs in Cozumel? :confused:

WeBeGone - thanks for the head's up! We don't do tourist traps or chain restaurants/bars.

One question.....we'll be there on Oct. 27, during Fantasy Fest. We leave at 4:30pm so we won't get to see the Pet Parade (we're big time dog lovers).

What Fantasy Fest things are happening between 8am and 4pm? Are there regular festival-type things with booths, art, music, etc. in the daytime?

Thanks for your help! ;)

Yes it is!

Archived