Rendevouz Hotel - Auckland

I'm 321 days away from our "get out of town" day, heading towards our Feb 14th. cruise but wondering why the Rendevouz Hotel in Auckland is not responding to their e-mails. They supposedly have a deal where the 2nd room is 1/2 off and our group will need three rooms. Something is wrong with their website (they want to charge us 1-1/2 times the room rate for each of the three rooms) and I hesitate to do anything until we get this straightened out. Anybody have any suggestions?

Ralph

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

I have a question for locals or those who have stayed here. I am hunting for 2 nights after our cruise--wanting to know if the club rate at this hotel is worth the extra money?

"Rate includes use of the Carlton Club Lounge, which features a daily Continental buffet breakfast and pre-dinner drinks and canapés in a private area with sofas and a flat-screen TV. A dedicated elevator passes straight to the top three floors from the lobby."

We are not big eaters & seems like a nice way to end our cruise. Can't find any hotels that take Priceline so will just pay for it, online.

Went ahead and booked it & just hope it is fine--got tired of hunting down hotels etc..and reading all the reviews...can't please everyone and now it is finally DONE..Qantas air seats picked--have to wait til Oct/Nov for NWA flights to LAX (for seats)--wonder why I should have to call TWICE..guess I will just wait til Nov 7th and do them BOTH...so now to look around for things to do while staying at Sydney & Auckland...and now get on with my ALASKA plans..sure is tiring to hunt down hotels:eek: Guess I need to be glad I am not on anymore cruises soon...how do people manage so many in 1 year?? (I see like 3-4 each year)--I think 2 is plenty--for me anyway.

I called direct a couple of weeks ago and did book our three rooms for three

nights at a discounted rate. We got it at $170 NZD + tax per night in lieu of the NEW published rate of $190 NZD. So that converts to roughly $125 USD. Whether the hotel is any good at all, remains to be seen, but it is the hotel Princess seems to book, although they still show it as The Carleton.

I called direct a couple of weeks ago and did book our three rooms for three

nights at a discounted rate. We got it at $170 NZD + tax per night in lieu of the NEW published rate of $190 NZD. So that converts to roughly $125 USD. Whether the hotel is any good at all, remains to be seen, but it is the hotel Princess seems to book, although they still show it as The Carleton.

Thanks for the info--do you know if it was very $$ to call directly to the hotel from the US? If this hotel isn't very good I guess we will ALL be writing about it..but with the majority of the reviews on it are good (a few not) I am going with the assumption it will be fine. I JUST wasn't going to deal with hunting any longer :eek:

Do you have that phone number? Also do you know if there is a direct email address?

Thanks so much---I have been following you around on the messages here alot :D Hope you have a great time, you will be going about 3½ weeks after we do. How early before your cruise are you going to AUS/NZ?

Thanks for the info--do you know if it was very $$ to call directly to the hotel from the US? If this hotel isn't very good I guess we will ALL be writing about it..but with the majority of the reviews on it are good (a few not) I am going with the assumption it will be fine. I JUST wasn't going to deal with hunting any longer :eek:

Do you have that phone number? Also do you know if there is a direct email address?

Thanks so much---I have been following you around on the messages here alot :D Hope you have a great time, you will be going about 3½ weeks after we do. How early before your cruise are you going to AUS/NZ?

The 6 minute call to New Zealand was just over $11.00 but bear in mind that I' hearing impaired and the New Zealand accent is difficult for me. You might be able to do it in 5 minutes. I think you'll have to book by phone to get any kind of discount. Here's the link to their website:

http://www.rendezvoushotels.com/auckland/

Just give them a call. Tell them that you know a bloke (Kiwi talk) who got his rooms for $170 NZD. I think the head honcho is Naree Park. In fact, here's a copy of the last communication I had with them:

Dear Mr Leftwich,

For February 11, 12 & 13 of 2008, we cannot offer NZ$150+gst per room per night, but we CAN offer NZ$170+gst per room per night for the 3 rooms you require.

Should you wish to make a reservation and/or need further assistance, please do not hesitate to contact us again.

Thank you.

Exclusively Rendezvous

Narae Park

Reservations Agent

Rendezvous Hotel Auckland

PO BOX 7312 Wellesley St, Auckland 1141

Corner Vincent Street & Mayoral Drive, Auckland, New Zealand

T (+64 9) 366 5433

F (+64 9) 366 5439

Freephone 0800 887 808

E res@auckland.rendezvous.co.nz

Good luck in your quest

Ralph

The 6 minute call to New Zealand was just over $11.00 but bear in mind that I' hearing impaired and the New Zealand accent is difficult for me. You might be able to do it in 5 minutes. I think you'll have to book by phone to get any kind of discount. Here's the link to their website:

http://www.rendezvoushotels.com/auckland/

Just give them a call. Tell them that you know a bloke (Kiwi talk) who got his rooms for $170 NZD. I think the head honcho is Naree Park. In fact, here's a copy of the last communication I had with them:

Dear Mr Leftwich,

For February 11, 12 & 13 of 2008, we cannot offer NZ$150+gst per room per night, but we CAN offer NZ$170+gst per room per night for the 3 rooms you require.

Should you wish to make a reservation and/or need further assistance, please do not hesitate to contact us again.

Thank you.

Exclusively Rendezvous

Narae Park

Reservations Agent

Rendezvous Hotel Auckland

PO BOX 7312 Wellesley St, Auckland 1141

Corner Vincent Street & Mayoral Drive, Auckland, New Zealand

T (+64 9) 366 5433

F (+64 9) 366 5439

Freephone 0800 887 808

E res@auckland.rendezvous.co.nz

Good luck in your quest

Ralph

I DO have it booked for us in Feb--I just wanted to wait til a bit later & verify it with them--I got it thru Expedia. We DID book the Club level--figure what we saved in Sydney we just spent in Auckland :D Have never had any problems using Expedia so shouldn't worry about it..I have the confirmation number etc.

Thanks for the info to the hotel.

Archived