Unions

saltydog28

Hello everyone,

..............I just want to get my facts straight.

On a different thread I read that crew members are unionized...That they belong to the 'International Transport Workers Federation'....And that they make$30-40thousand US. yearly... I have no reason to doubt the last post, because the poster has always given reliable information.

....I was wondering if someone else could varify this?.. It's always better to get a second opinion.

Pat.

I think the operative word is "equivalent" of $x dollars/year. That is, not much money in the US economy, but quite a bit in theirs. And, yes, they belong to a union. I think the HAL website says something about this.

Sorry TomC...not equivalent but actual. All of the calculations and what-if, could be, etc are on one of the old threads.

The word 'equivalent' was used to indicate that the calculations included base pay, family allotment, and average passenger 'tips'. If my recall is correct, if you add room-board, medical-dental care, etc, the amount tends toward the low US$40K.

According to the Industrial Census of the US, the average restaurant worker makes aproximately US$35K [again recall.]

The 'International Transport Workers Federation' is the international union which represents the Indonesian Cruise Ship workers union and the Philipine Hotel and Restaurant workers union. Both names may not be exactly correct, but are to the best of my knowledge close. [see how Cruise Critics make a lawyer out of you...'to the best of my knowledge','If my recall is correct'. Without a disclaimer, someone would pop up and say it's really the Philipine Hotel Workers Union.]

Wow..

Where did you learn to use a computer...

That "Quote" you posted ... IS NOT MY QUOTE !

Or maybe this is just one more of your many tactic's... miss quoting people ?

Considering the source, it wouldn't surprise me one bit

Srpilo

Archived