confused

mprucha

Ok, I've been reading about the change in Carnivals policy regarding non-alcoholic sodas and water no longer being allowed on board. Yet, I have yet to find where they are getting this info from. Can someone guide me in the right direction?? Also, while I know it would mean more money for Carnival if they did crack down on bringing things onboard, what are your opinions about this topic? I've actually emailed Carnival for clarification because even their own pvp's and staff seem to have differing info.

http://carnival.com/CMS/FAQs/Liquor_and_Beverage_Consumption_Policy.aspx

Guests are prohibited from bringing alcoholic and non-alcoholic beverages onboard. However, guests (21 years and older only) may bring one bottle of wine or champagne per person on board only during embarkation at the beginning of the cruise. A $10 corkage fee per bottle will be charged should you wish to consume this wine in the dining room or a $14 corkage fee per bottle in the Supper Club.

Any additional quantity of wine/champagne or any alcoholic and non-alcoholic beverages will be confiscated and discarded without compensation. Guests may purchase a variety of beverages on board the ship. Alcoholic beverages will not be sold or served to anyone under the age of 21. We reserve the right to refuse the sale of alcoholic beverages to anyone. Alcoholic beverages purchased in the ship’s gift shops or in ports of call will be retained by Carnival until the end of the voyage.

Yes yes yes..........I said I already had been looking for it on carnivals site so I KNOW what is listed under the frequently asked questions section, thanks anyway. But many people are talking about water plus some people are still getting soda on board with no problem so you'd like it was like a front page story or something. Anyone else have any other info?? And PLEASE don't send me the link or quote carnivals site, I already know that part.

Ok, I've been reading about the change in Carnivals policy regarding non-alcoholic sodas and water no longer being allowed on board. Yet, I have yet to find where they are getting this info from. Can someone guide me in the right direction??
And PLEASE don't send me the link or quote carnivals site, I already know that part.

Yes, you are confused!:rolleyes:

Yes yes yes..........I said I already had been looking for it on carnivals site so I KNOW what is listed under the frequently asked questions section, thanks anyway. But many people are talking about water plus some people are still getting soda on board with no problem so you'd like it was like a front page story or something. Anyone else have any other info?? And PLEASE don't send me the link or quote carnivals site, I already know that part.

This change popped up on Wednesday on Carnival's website. Why that would confuse anyone is beyond me, but whatever. Since Wed. people have claimed to have called Carnival and were told that a reasonable amount of water/soda is still allowed so who knows. We will all have to wait for those who boarded this w/e to get back and tell us how they made out.

I hope this helps a little with your confusion :rolleyes: .

No, I'm not confused over the soda/alcohol things.....but it doesn't mention water and even allows a bottle of wine per adult of the over 21 age to bring onboard. But we all know that people have been talking about bringing things onboard with no problem forever and now they are sounding like there is some major story out about it that's different. Even Carnival has stated that you can bring non-alcoholic beverages onboard as long as it's not in "excessive" amounts even though that differs from their site instructions.

No, I'm not confused over the soda/alcohol things.....but it doesn't mention water and even allows a bottle of wine per adult of the over 21 age to bring onboard. But we all know that people have been talking about bringing things onboard with no problem forever and now they are sounding like there is some major story out about it that's different. Even Carnival has stated that you can bring non-alcoholic beverages onboard as long as it's not in "excessive" amounts even though that differs from their site instructions.

Does water contain alcohol??:confused: If your answer is no, then I suggest it is a non-alcoholic beverage.:cool:

My last troll feeding. This has been beaten to near death since Wednesday on at least 10 different threads.:eek:

OP's post from another thread:http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showpost.php?p=9555111&postcount=65

The only thing that's an issue is that they have the policy in writing. They may never enforce it. They may enforce it 5/11...solely for your cruise. Never after that. Nobody knows. Hence, the concern

It is a major story, lots of people bring water, soda and more than 1 bottle of wine on the ship all the time.

As of Wednesday, per the Catnival website, you can only bring 1 bottle of wine pp and NO non-alcoholic beverages (that means soda & water) will be confiscated and discarded without compensation.

the reasonible amount rule is now gone. We will not find out until this week sometime if Carnival is holding to the rule, we have to wait until someone that tried to bring soda & water on board after Wednesday reports back to us.

Someone at Carnival made the decision to change the FAQ to state that no nonalcoholic beverages could be brought on board. Is it so hard to understand that some people here are worried that they might have changed it because they intend to enforce the new policy?

At this point no one really knows. Carnival has certainly been slow to inform the PVPs or to make the change in other places. It could be that they just want it to point to when someone carries on "excessive" amounts and they will continue to allow "reasonable" amounts. Whatever that means.

Archived