Antarctica 2008 on Explorer II

We just signed up. Anyone else going?

Jay

We are looking at the second trip, the one with South Georgia. Not sure if we can swing the amount of time needed to do it, but are considering it.

Maybe we will see you there :) -- keeping my fingers crossed that we can make the arrangements.

Annierie - If you can swing the time required for the longer cruise, you will not regret visiting South Georgia. We were on the 18-day Hanseatic cruise and spent several marvelous days around that island. The opportunity to go ashore at the huge King penguin colonies there was one the key reasons we chose that particular cruise; and the experience far exceeded even our very optomisitic expectations. Frankly, it was magical, to be among hundreds of thousands of the lovely Kings and their brown fuzzy babies. We know many of the passengers who will be on that Explorer II cruise. You will be among delightful people, indeed. Good luck. Fred

You really should do the longer cruise - my travel agent says going to Antarctica without going to S. Georgia is like going to Africa and not going on safari.

I'm on the Feb. 1 departure.

Andrea, we are seriously working this one. I need to get my act together to get out of some meetings at work (normally scheduled around the 15th of February yearly).

My DH is considering his retirement options within the next six months, and really wants to do this if he retires in December.

Our best friends that we cruise with all the time are torn between Galapagos and Antarctica, so we are working on them as well.

Hopefully, we will do this, and book soon.

Right now, we have a two week trip to Eastern Europe (river cruising in October) that needs to be front and center.

We have been planning the 2008 trip. This and Galapagos are the two under consideration.

Archived