Need some ideas

RCLFan

We've done the Western route in the past, and we'll be doing it again aboard the MOS in July.

We love Labadee and I think we're pretty set there, however, when in Jamaica I'm not as certain as to what to do -- we have done Dunn's Falls a couple of times, so we won't do that again. We don't necessarily feel the need to get off the ship, but if we do, what would you recommend in Jamaica.

Same with Grand Cayman, we did the Stingray City tour last time, loved it, but we haven't ever spent any time in town just shopping. Any exceptional deals to be had in Gr. Cayman? I suspect it's not like St. Thomas or even St. Martin, but are there any items that are good deals, i.e. watches, electronics, linens, etc.?

Thanks much.

Next time we go to Jamaica we plan to stay on the ship, although a number of years ago a friend and I did a tour that went rafting down the Martha Brey, it was very relaxing, just the two of us on this Huck Finn kind of raft with the "guide". There were, of course, places that he stopped along the way so you could buy whatever they were selling, we just kept saying "no", until we reached the end and they were selling beer.

On Grand Caymen nothing is a "deal". Last time we went we just walked up 7 mile beach. When we were tired we just cut thru whatever hotel we were by and took a taxi back to the pier.

We had Ocho Rios as a cruise stop a few times. NOT my favorite place.

One of the times we did a Fern Gully excursion through the cruise ship. That was pretty nice. We did the Dunn's River, too, and shopping.

We had our teenage kids with us and we were pretty intimidated by people selling ganja, etc. and pushy vendors.

We went tubing on the white river. It was alot of fun. Not to slow and not too fast very pretty and relaxing. I also hear the bob marley tour is alot of fun.

Tubing in Jamiaca is one of our all-time favorite excursions we've done anywhere.

In Ochos Rios we went to Magaretaville and just hung out at the pool, there's a water slide and my son had a ball. We didn't even sit at a table to eat, just had a drink at the bar. There is a beach, but it had lots of locals selling stuff on it. It's just a short walk off the ship there.

We were just in Ocho Rios last week. We did an excursion that included both the falls and the dolphin swim. We enjoyed both, but it was too much in one day. The dolphin swim was expensive, but it was one of the highlights of our trip! So if you have never been to dolphin cove, I would recommend it!

Archived