Silvermoon I review

scaaty

On our recent cruise on the Noordam we were in Barbados on March 16 and spent our day on the Silvermoon I. It was an absolutely fantastic day and I highly recommend it.

As per our confirmation, there was someone waiting to assist us at Gate 2 right outside the cruise terminal. We had a 5 min ride to where the Silvermoon I is docked. It’s a beautiful catamaran and the crew Ben and Sean were friendly and extremely helpful. There were plenty of places to sit in the sun as well as stay in the shade.

As soon as we boarded they offered drinks and the fantastic service continued throughout the day. The first stop was to swim with the turtles and we beat the larger boats which were arriving as we were getting ready to re-board the Silvermoon and head to the snorkeling site. The same occurred at the snorkeling site, we were finishing and the larger cats were pulling up and heading into the water. I was really happy to be on a cat with so much personal attention versus the masses with limited assistance on the other cats as we observed. I hadn’t snorkeled in 30 years and also have some limitations due to arthritis. Ben and Sean were right there to assist as needed. At the snorkel site I stayed by the cat to not slow down the rest of our group and Ben threw out crackers so I could still have fish surrounding me and get some pictures.

After snorkeling we anchored off a beach and we went swimming while lunch was prepared. Lunch included fried flying fish, beef stew, au gratin potatoes, cole slaw, salad and bread. Even DH who is a fussy eater enjoyed the lunch and had seconds! Beer, wine, etc. was served with lunch. There was an opportunity to swim again while they cleaned up after lunch. As we sailed back more drinks were servied including Pina Coladas and Strawberry Daiquiris. We were also served freshly baked banana bread.

While the cost may seem high (I believe it’s now $105 per person, we were still charged the $100 per person which we were quoted when we booked), it is definitely worth every penny! We even had a thank you email from them when we returned from our cruise. If we’re ever in Barbados again, this will definitely be the tour we book.

Archived