Cafe Promenade on the Royal Promenade is a sidewalk cafe

And they also have a yummy "pizza of the day". Last week I was in the habit of having a slice of the pizza of the day ... every day :)

We came home Saturday evening. My son and I were making lunch on Sunday and we both sighed and said "wish we could have the pizza of the day" :(

There's pizza all of the time!!!! We always pick our rooms so they are close to the cafe!!!! All we have to do is run down the steps and it's right there. I drink waaaay too much coffee on a cruise because of that! Ohhhhh I'm thinking about it right now....I don't know if i can wait 87 days!:D

Lynn, our daughter and son inlaw really LOVE their coffee AND pizza! :eek: They will be in a promenade cabin across from the cafe and one deck up. I KNOW they will be doing the same thing as you....running down those stairs frequently!!! As for me....I'll be there for the pizza!:)

Sea-Cruise...were you on Freedom? If you were, then there WAS no pizza at Cafe Promenade, it was at Sorrento's. But on the Voyager class ships, they do keep the pizza at the Cafe.

Coffee & Pizza? :confused: I never got it. ;) But I ate it anyway!!! :p

My husband and I loved the Cafe Promenade on Mariner. We would take a walk there every night and get the little croissant sandwiches and cookies or some type of cake. They have good cheesecake, and also every day they would have a different type of poundcake with some type of fruit in it; blueberry, peach. I can't believe how much we ate on our cruise! And I don't mean pigging out in the dining room with multiple entrees or anything (not that there's anything wrong with that!), but it seemed like every thing we did, always had a little stop by the cafe or the WJ! :eek:

My husband and I loved the Cafe Promenade on Mariner. We would take a walk there every night and get the little croissant sandwiches and cookies or some type of cake. They have good cheesecake, and also every day they would have a different type of poundcake with some type of fruit in it; blueberry, peach. I can't believe how much we ate on our cruise! And I don't mean pigging out in the dining room with multiple entrees or anything (not that there's anything wrong with that!), but it seemed like every thing we did, always had a little stop by the cafe or the WJ! :eek:

The Cafe is one of my favorite spots too! Probably because I am a coffee freak. And dunking those cookies in that hot cup o' coffee is DEE-LISH!!!! :)

How did I miss out on the pizza at the Cafe? :eek:

Did they have it only at certain hours?

I think it is easy to miss the pizza! When I've sailed on Voyager-class ships the pizza has never been "visible". You had to ask for it and they went back into the kitchen and got it for you. There was a sign on the wall that said what kind of pizza they were serving but I also never actually saw the pizzas until they handed me my slice on a plate.

SEA-CRUISE: Don't feel bad...you missed the pizza. Didn't realize I missed the disco on the AOS on my cruise last yr till I came across it in the brochure. Even if I don't participate, I always want to check out all parts of the ship. Feel like I missed out, too. I'll be looking for it on the Mariner this time around.

They kept getting requests for this Southwestern Bean Empenada .... meal pocket ... type thing. So they had that available everyday on the Mariner. But the sandwiches and the breads they were made with kept changing everyday.

The desserts were amazing. They had cream puffs and eclairs and they were all soooo good!

The cookies were awesome if you just got them out of the oven. Afterward they start to get a little crunchy.

There is also ice water and coffee in the area. It is a great little place to just get a little snack till your next meal, which is served at the top of each hour onboard :rolleyes:

Archived