One thing i bet they won't have on the "pride"

james j feller

Not to spoil the party(!), but the Legend offered grits on the Veranda for breakfast last month...butter & salt & pepper....voila!

:D

Paul

who really wasn't expecting to find, nor did he ask for, turnip greens! :eek: ;)

oh I hope you aren't talking about GRITS???....and you lot complain about our vegemite!! :eek:

Cheese grits and eggs.... Mmmm Mmmm Good. :)

Now

RSSC - Check

Silverseas - Check

Seabourn - Check...

ALL have Boston baked beans for breakfast..... a065.gif

I've tried grits too Jim.....*shudders at the memory* but I agree with CruisinMatt, I loved the bacon on Seabourn...or maybe it was just the way it was cooked....I think we were told it was "Canadian bacon"?

Long strips regular bacon, round = Canadian bacon....

On Grits :D, they are not made to eat alone but as a filler.

One of BB favorite breakfasts *

start with a mound of grits on your plate,

add a little butter

now add pepper or the BB special - Cayenne pepper :eek:

Now Top with a Ham and Cheese Omelet

MMmmm MMmmm Good....

*Blackbird's normal Sunday breakfast made by Chef Bill at ye old greasy spoon "Ranch House" in Tampa Florida. Oh add one of Chef Bill's handmade biscuit. :)

A Bacon Story: some years back our travel agent put us in a very lovely place called Cliveden near the airport in London prior to our returning to the states. At breakfast were very, very staid and genteel individuals and there we were somewhat inappropriately attired (coming from safari in Kenya) and helping ourselves to the breakfast from the sidebar in the dining room. We thought the bacon uncooked! So naive were we, and too shy to ask for it to be prepared more to our taste. To me, it almost looked as though it were some sort of pasta to be twirled on a plate. Luckily, a kindly soul next to me set me straight on this English tradition - only one of many reasons that travel is so good for teaching us new things. We laugh about that sometimes and still correspond these many years later with the woman (an Aussie) who taught these two young Americans a thing or two! R'

CruisinMatt...nope I'm not talking about that round stuff....I think the description of LeftyBob and Lord of the Seas....sounds like the stuff I enjoyed. Sorry I haven't been able to answer earlier....but I am out in the middle of the mulga.......never know when I can get internet connection.

Archived