Just got back from Chankanaab Park

rogerashley

When I went to the dolphin discovery website it says the last royal swim is at 2pm. The ship docks at 1, I wanted to know if I would have ample time to make it to a 2:00 royal swim. It seems that, that is the last time it is being offered for the day.

CP is about a 10-15 minute ride from the ports... so if you can be off the ship right away you should be good.

My DD and I were at Chakanaab Park last Sat. It was beautiful! She swam with the dolphins and snorkeled. We had a wonderful day there and would love to go back some day. We had lunch there. A bit pricey for the burger, but the fruit and coconut ice cream was fantastic.

We even met up with some cruise critic friends there!!!

I had signed her up for the royal dolphin swim on-line and also had talked to a representative at dolphin discovery on the telephone. I was told (and it is also in writing on the web site) that the entry fee is included in the price of the dolphin swim. Well, they would not let us in unless I paid for admission for both of us to the park.

Instead of causing a scene, I just paid it. But I have e-mailed them concerning the matter. Hopefully, someone will get back to me on this and give me a refund for her admission. I think that is doubtful, though. Just thought I would pass this on. Has anyone else had this happen to them???

Chakanaab is a very nice park to spend the day.

Travelight, let us know what happens with the refund, we are scheduled to go in June and are supposed to have the entrance fee included as well. Sorry to hear you had to deal with this.

You need not worry about water purity in the Yucatan region. The water is posibly cleaner than in your home town. The water is filtered thru layers of limestone and is very safe to drink. Even after exercising what I thought to be extreme caution, I was stricken with a rampant case of Montezuma's Revenge on the way home from Mexico City. Never, however, have had a problem anywhere in the Yucatan Peninsula, including Coz.

The food was good, especially the ceviche. The resident restaurant cat got a fair share.

Really? I (and everyone in my party) had a terrible case of M.R. the first time I visited Cozumel (and ate at a "Hard Rock Cafe" that I thought would be safe). I went back on another cruise several years later, but was afraid to eat or drink anything from the island. Perhaps I just had bad luck the first time.

I received an e-mail back from Chakanaab saying that when I reserved in January it was not included, but it is now. It was on the web site when I reserved and the girl on the phone told me so, also. I know I will not get a refund, but if you do reserve, print out documents that say it is included to take with you.

For such an expensive swim, it should be included no question about it!

Archived