Mero Beach.....????

Suesan Jean

Can someone PLEASE tell me about this Beach....???

I would like to know if it is a nice Beach to spend some time at...???

Are there chairs and umbrellas to rent.....???

Are there "facilities".....???

How far is it from Roseau....???

What would a taxi ride cost per person....???

Is it a clean, safe place to go to.....???

THANK YOU for ANY thoughts, suggestions and recomendations....!!!icon14.gif:)

Hi Suesan Jean, I haven't been there yet. I will be sailing with you on the Dawn. There was a review not too long ago from "nononanette" and she had pictures of the beach also. I think it was either a review of her tour or just a general review. She might have toured with "Levi" Hope this helps. Hope to meet at the m&g. Bye for now. We will be going here after our tour with Reyno. I edited because I just read the review and she didin't answer many of your questions. Sorry.

• 3 weeks later...

Last week, we drove by on our tour with Levi, but didn't stop. It looked like a great beach for those wishing to swim and sunbathe. Calm water, black sand with gold flecks. My understanding is that there were 2 beaches in the area, one that charged admission to the beach but provided free use of facilities and such, and the other provided free beach access, but charged to use the facilities such as the toilets. I think it was around $2 pp, plus $2 pp for the chair. We ended up snorkeling over at Champagne Beach which also charged $2 per person plus $10 pp for use of snorkel equipment.

Where exactly is Mero beach? This sounds like a great place for those folks who prefer beach excursions to rain forest excursions. Would love to see some photos.

Here is a link to Nanette's pictures..... There definitely are beach photos and real/normal sand. I heard that Dominica had black sand I thought??? I might have been dreaming :)

http://new.photos.yahoo.com/nononanettecruise/albums

Here is a link to Nanette's pictures..... There definitely are beach photos and real/normal sand. I heard that Dominica had black sand I thought??? I might have been dreaming :)

http://new.photos.yahoo.com/nononanettecruise/albums

Great photos! Just reminds me of how beautiful Dominica is and how friendly the people are. Sigh, wish I was going back soon.

Where exactly is Mero beach? This sounds like a great place for those folks who prefer beach excursions to rain forest excursions. Would love to see some photos.

Hey,

We were on Mero Beach 4/2/07. It was good, but there were no more chairs to rent (we went to the emerald pool in the rainforest first), and the food looked a little risky, so we didn't eat any of it. We ended up sitting down to the left a bit near a little hut where there was some shade. We brought our own rum punch, but ran out and the two guys in the hut ran to a store and bought us more rum and a 2 liter bottle of Coke. We decided to drink it warm, due to the warning on the ship about the water :eek: Our kids took a liking to the guy's little baby boy there, Rashid, who was about one (we took his address to send him clothes, etc) - we had a nice day there, but we didn't expect much because we heard the beaches we only so-so. But one of the girls picked up lots and lots of seaglass!!!! Tons of it.

I have pictures that I will try and post.

Archived