Sunny Liston Tour in St. Thomas

villa10

:) Has anyone taken the Sunny Liston tour in St. Thomas. How does it compare to the Ultimate Tour offered by Carnival. Carnival is $39PP, Sunny is $25. We will have a 19 year old son with us. If you book Sunny online how reliable is that? Could you get stood up at the pier? Opinions?

My DD and I took the tour with Sunny April of '06 and we had a blast. She was 17 at the time and she loved it. We we're a little late getting off the ship and although Sunny had already left to take a group of people downtown, his wife was there waiting for us. I booked online but payment was not made until after the tour was over. I'm planning on cruising the eastern route again in December and more than likely, my DD will want to do Sunny's tour again.

we went on his tour 11/2 years ago and it was the best tour ever. My kids are still talking about it. If i went to st.thomas i would definately go again. It is so much fun. He will play music while driving back down the mountain and it is a blast. All the other tours were just staring at us cause they were sitting on this boring tour and ours was all full of action and fun.

Go for Sunny...u wont regret it......and neither will your son.:)

Hope to help.

Our group did Sunny's tour 9/2006. We were also late getting off the ship because of customes. His wife was waiting for us. It was the best tour we ever did. He was so entertaining. Someones bag fell of during the ride, and they didn't even know. A taxi driver picked it up a followed us to our next stop. He is very well respected in St. Thomas. I've recomended this tour to eveyone, and no one has been let down.

We toured with Sunny in January of this year. I had 5 -16 year olds girls. They are still talking about it. He made the ride a lot of fun and memoriable. We actually purchased a cd with the song that we sang on the ride and the girls are still singing it to each other.

I did the tour 01/06 and we were with his wife also. IMO she is not as fun as Sunny. His bus has music and he was singing and interacting with the passengers but his wife was more laid back, just the radio on so I would try and get into Sunny's bus rather than his wife. I'm so jealous, I could look at Magen's Bay in St Thomas all day long (sigh)

We had pre-booked with Sunny months in advance . When we arrived, we were greeted at the right time , right place, by a nice man who had our name on a sign. Then we found out that he was our guide and Sunny was not available ( maybe on holiday?). Just wish he would have let us know in one of our many emails prior.

Still very dependable, but just a regular tour.

We did Sonny's tour with his wife driving. We had such a great time the whole day! Our group got into the singing with her. It was my favorite island and tour!

She was at the pier with a sign waiting for us when we got there. Our tour bus followed Sonnys through out the day.

My dh was so happy with the tour that he tipped her very well and then we used Bernard the next day at St Maarten on their recommendation. He did a very good job also but wasn't as much fun as the Sonny tour.

We still sing the songs - Sunday, Monday, Tuesday.......

Being 2 young (in our twenties but could pass as teenagers) females, my sister and I were nervous going off with some guy on a tour. However, it was a great tour. We were also late getting off the Valor due to customs. So, we only had an hour shopping time - no where near enough. We then got the tour up and down the mountain. He then took us to Sapphire Beach for 2 or 3 hours, I think. I did parasailing there. He then took us back to the pier. I think we could've gone back downtown, but we were tired. He locked up all our stuff on his truck while we were at the beach. It was a fun tour, but I do wish it was longer. I loved the open air truck.

dID sUNNYS Tour in november.I was traveling with my mum and she was a bit nervous about using a non ship excursion thankfully she trusted me and boy is she glad she did.We had a blast!Mum still talks about it and says it was the hi light of all her cruises,and if you knew my mother that is some recommendation:p Sunny was great.We didnt want to stay at any of the beaches and after he left everyone off he left us at the harbour and we got the ferry over to St Johns{another high light}

Its the only tour i would repeat again if i went back to St Thomas:D

I used Sunny for some in my group that had never been to ST before.

I have always booked indepently and careful about the vendors I select.

Sunny was great in getting back to me promptly to help set this day up.

I was specific about stating that I wanted him personally as the driver for this group. Upon arrival this was not the case, the group got the wife. After much discussion with her, Sunny met up with the group to continue on with them. All had a fantastic time.

Be very clear if you want him as the driver and do not settle if you get someone else...

One thing that I liked about his tours is the versatility. We could choose to go shopping for different lengths of time and which beach we wanted to go to as a group and some chose to go back to ship early. They were very flexible with things.

• 5 years later...
Here it is

http://sunnylistontours.com/

We are booked on his tour for June. Can't wait. Heard so many wonderful things about him. :D

Sandi,

how was your tour with Sunny Listen. I am booked for Sept and am going back and forth on if we should do it. I really want to go to Sapphire beach. How did the group vote on what beach to go to?

The OP was from 2007 - kinda out dated to say the least.

Go over to the port boards and post the question, I'm sure you'll have lots of responses. There is also some info in my review for the company we used in 2010, and will be using again in a few weeks.

Sandi,

how was your tour with Sunny Listen. I am booked for Sept and am going back and forth on if we should do it. I really want to go to Sapphire beach. How did the group vote on what beach to go to?

We did in April 2012. Had a great time. We voted Meghans Bay. We are doing again next April

He was great, but it was a long time ago when I went so you might want to go on the Port of Call board and ask. We didn't vote on the beach, he took everyone to the beach of their choice. We chose Sapphire Beach.

And to the person who said singing is lame.......singing happens to be fun, it's a shame that you don't think so. :rolleyes:

Archived