Great review Carolyn Spencer Brown!

CruisinMatt

Norm, how do you go about asking how to donate? Never heard of this (one thing I love, after a decade-plus of covering the cruise industry for a living, is that I keep learning from y'all). Is this an industry-wide thing? If so, perhaps we should do a news item or include the info in one of our tipping stories. It's a fanastic thought.

Carolyn:

All you have to do is drop by the Purser's Office and let them know you'd like to make a donation. They'll give you a charge slip on which to put the "gift" and the amount, sign it, and give it back. Later that day (or early the next), a thank-you letter will be delivered to your door, re-stating the amount and explaining how it will be used.

I only heard about the Fund from reading here on the SB board...and it's a pleasure to be able to acknowledge the entire crew, along with favorable comments. And something tells me that the crew (who receive copies of donations) remembers your kindness....;)

Paul

Carolyn, we sailed Seabourn (on the Legend) for the first time last April and I found your review to be very accurate -- especially about the embarkation process (the only time of the entire cruise we had to stand in line, and for about 45 minutes, seemed ridiculous it couldn't have been handled better) and regarding your opinion of the formal restaurant. We found it to be too loud and too closed in for our taste and much preferred the Veranda. We'd also like to be able to see more of the sea from our deckchairs and are hoping these issues are addressed with the new ships. Very good review!

Hey Carolyn :)

http://www.suntimes.com/lifestyles/travel/319538,TRA-News-cruisesafety01.article

from Chicago Sun Times

How do people fall off cruise ships?

April 1, 2007

BY BETH J. HARPAZ

NEW YORK -- How hard is it to fall off a cruise ship? ''It is so hard to fall overboard that when someone does go over the side, it's either because, sadly, it's a suicide attempt or it's because they're being incredibly foolish,'' said Carolyn Spencer Brown, editor of the Web site CruiseCritic.com.

more at link...

Archived