Another Question About Guaranty Balcony

beachh2o

For the most part a upgrade consists of the same type room but in a different location.

There are too many urban legends going around about someone booking a inside for $99 and getting upgraded to the Owner's Suite.

Here is one that I overheard at dinner: How much did you pay for your room. We got a mini suite for $899. You did, that is great. How did that happen? Two days after we booked a balcony for $899 we got a call from the TA that we could get upgraded from the balcony to a mini suite for and extra $600. So we took it. To me that is paying $1199 pp to him it was only $899 pp.

We had a mini and it was $1199 but I guess it was only $899 according to his logic. He was probably a politician.

Would this be your Legend cruise?

Did you get the lowest balcony deck? If you got the second or higher than you should consider this an upgrade! Or are you looking for a different kind of upgrade?

Just curious because it seems no matter how many people start threads about guaranty's they don't quite understand that it means only a guarantee of like cabin in said category.

Answer to your question - No you will most likely not get any upgrade.

This is the explanation of guarantee from carnival.

Booking a guaranteed cabin guarantees you a cabin within that cabin class: Suite, balcony, oceanview, or inside. You will receive your cabin assignment when you check in for your cruise, and your cabin may be located on any deck of the ship.

Notice it sed nouthing of book guarantee and recieve upgrade. If you were told that a guarantee would get a upgrade by a travel agent they lied to get the sale.

Sorry if you are disapointed with your room. I book a guarantee also but in the catagory i want usualy 8D if i get bumpted it is only a bonus.

For futur reference the guarantees that have booked first or erlier and the higher catagory, more money paid are the first ones to get upgraded. They then work down the list. So if you booked a guarantee for a sailing only two months out the person that booked twelve months out gets priority. First come first served.

Archived