Spa on Roaton

beaner24

Has anyone heard or been to a great Spa on Roaton?

We are looking to have two treatments in a resort like place with light a lunch.

Are you talking about Sante Wellness Center? There are quite a few posts on them here...

• 4 weeks later...

Beaner24,

My understanding is that most of the spas on Roatan have gone belly-up. I just got back from Roatan, and I spent the day at Sante Wellness Center. I can't speak highly enough about it, and if you are interested, I recommend booking early. The beautiful thing about SWC is that they allow a limited number of people each day. When I was there, there were 9 guests, plus Angela and Leon (the owners) and their two employees. Oh yes...I can't forget the 9 parrots and the dogs. The place was fabulous. The grounds were beautiful (it is a private home with spa treatment rooms and some massage tables right on the beach, and it is on a little island), and it was so nice to get to spend time with some of my fellow cruiseship passengers (I was sailing on the Grand Princess). The spa services were absolutely heavenly (I had a facial, parafin hand treatment, salt glo body scrub and a 90 minute massage) and it was by far the most relaxing day I've ever had. It was a chance to relax, swim in their pool, snorkel or kayak on the island (which I decided not to do because I was frankly too relaxed to move), or just walk the grounds and read by the beach or in one of the hammocks on the grounds. Also, for a very inexpensive fee, Leon and Angela cooked us lunch (fresh grouper, black beans and rice, a delicious salad and homemade browines). It really was a day in heaven, and I'm glad you asked about a spa, because I've been dying to let people know what a great place this is, but I'm not allowed to post a review unless it's in answer to a question.

One caveat...if you go there, please note that I AT FIRST found Angela and Leon to be a little reserved. They both seem to be pretty soft-spoken, which I almost took for unfriendliness (of course, I'm the kind of person who will talk to anybody at any time, so I don't understand people who are reserved;)). But then I actually initiated conversation, and they are actually very friendly and kind people with interesting stories of life on Roatan. If you do decide to go there, bring a swimsuit and a book, because you will want to take advantage of the facilities. Awesome day. I fear that you may be too late to get a reservation, but it wouldn't hurt to try.

Have a great time on your cruise. It looks like it's coming up in just 3 days! Lucky you! Mine is 350+ more days now that I'm back from this one.

You will love Sante! Say HI to Muneka the macaw for us.

Now mike, you know that Muneka speaks Spanish!:D The only way we ever found her (she was out in the trees around the grounds) was that she scared one of the other guests by saying "Hola, hola, hola" when he walked by.

Now mike, you know that Muneka speaks Spanish!:D The only way we ever found her (she was out in the trees around the grounds) was that she scared one of the other guests by saying "Hola, hola, hola" when he walked by.

LOL -- HOLA it is! But she found us -- when we were around the pool she decided to come by and steal my sunglasses! Watch out, she does nip!

;)

Just returned from the Grand Princess. Sante Wellness Spa was one of the highlights of the trip. It was peaceful, relaxing, and beautiful.

Angela and Leon and were gracious hosts and very nice to talk to. We pre-paid the entire day on paypal before we left. No worry about carrying around a lot of cash. It was worth the reasonable prices they charge.

I will write a proper review soon, just wanted to comment that if anyone is considering this spa don't hesitate to book it.

Would love to go back.

Archived