Post-cruise Loss of work-out motivation?

• 1 month later...
  • 4 months later...
  • 7 months later...

I have come to the realization that I just have to do it. Last cruise, I didn't get in to the gym right away. It was as if my motivation was gone-after all the cruise was over-when would I be going on another.

Well, another is coming up, and I decided this time, the first day back to work, I will be in the gym in the morning, hopefully sporting a spiffy, cruise theme related tshirt to enjoy the memory. This time I know there will be another vacation-I don't know when but I know the possibility is there. Easy for me to say now at this moment.

I do not adjust my work-outs when I cruise. I did that once and coupled with the fact that the cruise was over, it was hard getting back into it. I also stopped living the cruise before I take it and that has helped the post cruise blues. Also booking the next cruise while on board helps.:D

Barry

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

I usually workout like crazy right before a cruise (or any vacation for that matter). Then I just take it easy and relax during my cruise. Yeah, I do agree it's always a bummer when the cruise ends and you have to go back to normal everyday life but, believe it or not, I've had some of my best workouts right after a cruise. Maybe it's because I'm well-rested and carbo-loaded :)

• 4 months later...

Archived